Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you dance?

• 27-03-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I just can't dance in clubs etc, I think all the guys doing it look like nob ends but at the same time they're up there talking to chicks all the time so I dunno maybe I'm disillusioned.

I mean isn't dancing for the women folk so us men folk can sit and leer at them imagining what it would be like to touch their ass and trap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Trap?? Haha.

Yeah, I dance but only when drunk. If I try it sober I just look stoopid. A small part of me worries that perhaps I look stoopid when I do it drunk too. I wish I knew for sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

lol yeah I thought so too :)

Perhaps I'm not getting drunk enough? No No No! That can't be right. I get so wasted. I got drunk at my father's wedding and had a bit of fisty cuffs! How manly is that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Does stumbling from the leering corner overlooking the dance floor to the bar count as dancing?

If not then no!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Real men dont dance.unless you count drunkenly leaping about,spilling your pint everywhere and your beer gut wobbling around like a great sagging blancmange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

dusf wrote:
    lol yeah I thought so too :)

Perhaps I'm not getting drunk enough? No No No! That can't be right. I get so wasted. I got drunk at my father's wedding and had a bit of fisty cuffs! How manly is that!

At my mum's 50th back in September, I became involved in an altercation with a pipe in the hotel toilets, which then spiralled out of control and involved many staff. I abused the staff and called them "cocksuckers" (I was watching a lot of Sopranos at the time). It was late by this stage so, thankfully, not ALL of the family witnessed the unseemly conflagration, though I suppose that those who did reported in grisly detail my belligerent behaviour to those who missed it.

Anyway, I think dancing improves after 1-3 drinks. Performance peaks then but falls away markedly between 3-7 drinks. Above 7 drinks and dancing ability deteriorates to simian-like levels, and the risk of serious injury / death or involvement with law enforcement agents is high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ah man you should see me dancing, I would dance something like this brother*

This may or may not be true, due to alcohol consumed before dancing my judgement maybe in some way incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

32394853_s.gif

.... I really dont get to use that enough!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The question posed by this thread has no place in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

zaph wrote:
    The question posed by this thread has no place in this forum.

Clearly a Scissor Sisters' fan.

'I don't feel like dancing, no sir, no dancing for me'!

Please note we are not advocating men dancing or listening to Scissor Sisters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dusf wrote:
    Please note we are not advocating men dancing or listening to Scissor Sisters!

Ooops.:o

*blushes*

• Advertisement

Brother Tom, is there something you need to share with the brotherhood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

zaph wrote:
    Brother Tom, is there something you need to share with the brotherhood?

No, honestly, there isn't. It was nothing really.

Is it getting hot in here?

*delete's Ta-Dah from ipod*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Brothers.........the only dance I ever partake is that of the "No-pants Dance" with meh wimmin.

It is our God given right as men to dance however badly we desire while under the influence. But under no circumstances should a sober man ever get it into his head to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is our God given right as men to dance however badly we desire while under the influence. But under no circumstances should a sober man ever get it into his head to do so.

I agree entirely with you Brother bkelly*.

* Apologies Brother, but there's no way that I could call someone Brother Bunny. :o

Understandable until you see the inspiration for such name...

A fat balding legend!
    iwentdown-9826.jpg

Brother Bunny, may I suggest you change the size of your signature before the SIGPO do it for you. The rules are:
    • For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote] [./quote] tags.
    • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

Hate to see a fellow brother get into trouble with the authorities ;)

Understandable until you see the inspiration for such name...

A fat balding legend!

Respect Brother Bunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Degsy wrote:
    Real men dont dance.unless you count drunkenly leaping about,spilling your pint everywhere and your beer gut wobbling around like a great sagging blancmange.

There´s some truth in that, big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

rediguana wrote:

Anyway, I think dancing improves after 1-3 drinks. Performance peaks then but falls away markedly between 3-7 drinks. Above 7 drinks and dancing ability deteriorates to simian-like levels, and the risk of serious injury / death or involvement with law enforcement agents is high.

I respectfully disagree brother. I have two conditions for dancing in public-At least 8 drinks having been enjoyed, at least two of them being jager, and a nice pair of titties to oogle while dancing. The titties give your dancing a sense of form, since no matter how drunk or how bad the music, you will always move with their jiggling. God bless jiggling titties!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I can't remember the last time I was in a night club and I definitely didn't go there to dance. Just stand at the side of the dance floor and lecherously leer at the wimmen folk.

Day time drinking is where it is at.

petes wrote:
    Day time drinking is where it is at.
    QFT!

I way, way prefer getting my drinking in during the day.
    It also helps get you in form for drinking in the evening too.

Advertisement