Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone off eggs

• 27-03-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Just ate eggs and didnt realise they have been gone off since March 10th. Am I gonna be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

I think if they were really bad you'd have known all about it as soon as you broke them (stinky!:eek: )... how did you have them out of interest, boiled fried? A lot of the time BB dates are over cautious.
    On a funny note, I opened this post thinking you 'had gone off eggs' as in just stopped liking them! Maybe that might happen now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

I used them in an omelette, nope i love my eggs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

You should be fine, as you broke them and had plenty of time for the waft of baddness to get to you if there were really gone off.:D Keep us up dated tho! Yep love eggs myself, here's a little tip... make a cheese and tomato sambo as if you were going to eat it... cut it into triangles... grease an oven dish and line them in it one over lapping the other... break and beat about three or four eggs with seasoning and parsley and pour over the bread soaking the slices and top it off with grated cheese, bang in over until puffed up and browned (30mins maybe) and hey presto yummy egg sambo pie!Enjoy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

AS chuchu said, you'd know if they were gone off. They may not have been fresh, but eggs have a pretty long shelf life (in between the 'fresh' and 'gone off' stages)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Chuchu wrote:
    here's a little tip... make a cheese and tomato sambo as if you were going to eat it... cut it into triangles... grease an oven dish and line them in it one over lapping the other... break and beat about three or four eggs with seasoning and parsley and pour over the bread soaking the slices and top it off with grated cheese, bang in over until puffed up and browned (30mins maybe) and hey presto yummy egg sambo pie!Enjoy:)
    that sounds fan-f***ing-tastic!!!

is that my tummy rumbling again.......:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement