Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Combo Box

Options
  • 27-03-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hello All,
    Am trying to decide on the best way to implement a combobox on a form. Basically I have a form and some <select> fields which are populated from a mysql database.

My problem is I want users to be able to add options to the list and have the new options written back to the mysql database. I first thought about having a text field beside the drop list where new values could be typed in. When the form is submitted, if the text field has data, it is saved. This works but I think it looks crap.

I have had a look around for some javascript comboboxes, but not being too hot on javascript, I was wondering if anyone has successfully implemented something like this or has any tips. Cheers!

Advertisement