Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless failing MTU test + other scary problem...HELP!

• 27-03-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

Firstly, I have to acknowledge my own idiocy. I was moving some furniture around in my room and my Xbox 360 fell from my bed on to the ground, it was one of those slow motion moments. I thought it was secure etc but obviously not. After absorbing that sick feeling for a minute or two I tried to turn it on to be greeted with the red ring of doom. I did this twice but now it has started to work miraculously. However, the wireless adapter is no longer connecting to my network.

The MTU stage of the test is failing. I don't really understand the explanation given on the Xbox as to what this actually means and was wondering if someone could help.

Also, the video cable scart input into the Xbox (I'm sure I have the terminology wrong) has become slightly bent, does anyone think this will affect performance? I know this question is a long shot and just kinna putting it out there. If you don't like it, you can send it right back.

Thanks a million for any help...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Besty i think http://xbox.com and xbox live are under going maintenance at the moment, might be your problem, check again when they're back up and running. *fingers crossed for you*..lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, Xbox Live is off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ok, hopefully that's something to do with it. Thanks for the responses guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

besty wrote:
    Ok, hopefully that's something to do with it. Thanks for the responses guys.

Its back on at 10pm tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thank god I saw this, got the 360 back today and would have been freaking if I hadn't seen this.

I would have assumed they sent me back a dud

fingers crossed for a perfect working console

• Advertisement

Could any of you guys run a connection test on your wireless just to see if you pass all the tests so I'll know if it's a harware fault. Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

It will fail MTU

Xbox live is down there was notifications all week.

it is not your hardware.

Good news, thanks ntlbell.

Phew.

Advertisement