Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on registration fees

Options
  • 27-03-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Having been made reduntant in a manufactureing sector job recently I have been giving some thought to applying to university as a mature student. According to the CAO website the closing date for late entries is 1st of May.

My question is when do these colleges start looking for registration fees. The last time I heard of someone applying they were asked to send nearly 800 euro to the college but am wondering will they come looking for money before June as that is when my redundancy payment is due.

Comments

The reg fees are usually set around the end of June, and would be announced in July. In Trinity, we had to pay by the 14th of September - but it might be different for other colleges since most others would be back by then :p. Unless someone gives the exact time here, it might be an idea to ring up the relevant uni to find out their closing date.

If you get a grant your reg fee is paid for (and you can get up to €6,000 on top of that) so have a looksee in the resources page to see if you'd be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Or if you've been unempolyed for over 6 months you can get BTEA afaik.

Advertisement