Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic for the Old People

Options
  • 27-03-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Two old gentleman residents of the Retirement Home lived contentedly sharing a room, aware that Alzheimer's was slowly taking its toll on them and occasionally making them a bit absent-minded.

One warm afternoon, Joe announced that he would take a walk into town. Was there anything that Ernie would like brought back?

"You know", said Ernie, "I'd love an ice-cream cornet. Can you remember that, or shall I write it down?"

"I'll remember that, no problem".

"A large cornet, vanilla flavour, with a chocolate flake in it."

"OK - that's easy"

"I'd like crushed nuts on it. Shall I write this down?"

"Don't be silly - I'll remember that OK".

"Right. And a good squirt of strawberry syrup please."

"Yes. Strawberry was it ?"

"That's right. And a nice sprinkling of hundreds and thousands - those little coloured sweet things. Now I'm going to write this down for you."

"Not at all. A large vanilla cornet with chocolate flake, crushed nuts, strawberry syrup, and hundreds and thousands."

"A good squirt of strawberry syrup. I think I'm going to write this down."

"No, no, I have it ! I'll see you in a few minutes".

Two hours later, Joe was back, carrying a large cardboard box. Ernie opened the lid and peered inside.

It contained a hot steak and kidney pie.

"You silly old bastard !" he shouted - "Where are the f*ckin' chips ?"

<Author's Note>
    Disconcertingly, I had to check the ice cream recipe twice before posting this. I'd get my coat if I could remember where I'd put it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

News just in:
    Study of Attention Deficit Disorder left on bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

love that

Advertisement