Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beer and fast food combo

• 27-03-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

We all know that this is the only way to grow a beer gut, but what is your preferred pint and what do you "wash it down" with later? For me, depending on budget, its either Prasky at home, or satzenbrau in the pub. Followed by a chicken burger or chip bagette. So brothers what was it that built up that mighty front of yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Beer is for girls. Theres far more calories in Cider.

So cans of cheap cider with 40 John Player Blue, and a bowl of MSG Laden 'Special' acme-meat "curry" with ribs on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

7-8 Pints of Heinekin, 10 Marlboros. And then a 4.60* in The kebab house in Galway.
    *Basically a burger, chips and a coke. Kind of a local thing. The regulars say "giz a 4.60 there love" to get it cheaper.
    Costs more to the those who don't frequent as often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Best combo has to be

6 Corona
    Pizza with at least 3 meats
    Peanuts to keep ya occupied while the match is on

This covers the first 2/3 hours then its onto the whisky - at which point its time to turn on the endless repeats of UFC on Bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

A few VBs or Warsteiners (I don't count how many) to wash down a dinner box with a batter sausage thrown in. Sometimes some onion rings too.

Maybe after that tortilla chips with sour cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

At home I usually would have budvar or staropramen with a tasty pizza.
    Out on the town would be hefeweizen followed by a seriously tasty durum doner :D

• Advertisement

Smithwicks and jemmy in the pub, then Garlic burger, onion rings and battered sausage on the way home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I used to find teh ultimate booze-soaker was a kebab-in-a-box from Some like it Hot in drumcondra.It was twice the usual ration of kebab meat,extra chilli and garlic sauce with no pitta and eaten with a fork.As it was much easier to eat with a frok than have the contents slop out the back of a pitta,you didnt lose any of the goodness.I have on two occasions attempted to eat one sober an found it utterly impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

every day on my way home from work i get one of those guinness 4 packs and 2 loose cans, im a chef so i couldnt be arsed cooking most of the time when i get home so its usually an indian or a chipper, sometimes a chinese might make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

after a feed of guinness and the night draws to a close, its down to iskanders for a chicken shawarma meal. good eating in that. leftovers are brought home and had for breakfast with a can of coke from the comfort of my bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

Three Bud Lights and a chicken salsa wrap makes my 'cheat' night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jocksy wrote:
    Three Bud Lights and a chicken salsa wrap makes my 'cheat' night.

What is this Bud Light you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

iremex wrote:
    after a feed of guinness and the night draws to a close, its down to iskanders for a chicken shawarma meal. good eating in that.
    Indeed.

But Zaytoon is a better kebab imo.

Or that Sirocco place beside the Foggy Dew is good too.

NOT that Athena place though. Not nice.

And certainly not Abrakebabra.

I prefer lamb in my kebabs too.

Three Bud Lights

Looks like you haven't read the charter. And chicken wraps sounds like wiimens food.

Mixed Shawarma from Iskanders is the winner hands down, but I had a mixed one from Zaytoon recently and admittedly it was absolutely delightful. I've heard bad reports about Sirocco though.

Advertisement