Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(another) Erasmus Question

• 27-03-2007 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

So I applied to my department for a place abroad next year, was selected as their nomination and filled out the form on the SIS. The International Department told me that the forms would be sent out to foreign universities on March 5th. Anyway, my question is, can anyone who was on Erasmus in a previous year tell me how long it should take for the foreign institution to get back to me? And when will I know for definite that I've been accepted by the foreign institution? I've been told by a few people who went that once you're selected by UCD it's more or less a given that you're accepted by the receiving college, anyone know if this is the case? Thanks in advance for your help. I'd just like a bit of closure on the subject because I'm sacrificing a J1 trip to Chicago in order to stay here and work to fund next year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

griffdaddy

I was on Erasmus last year but as far as I know this is the first year that most courses have used the SIS application system. I would think that once you are accepted by UCD it is simply a matter of them matching you to the correct university. If you are in doubt, talk to the Erasmus co-ordinator in your department, they should be able to help you - just ask in your programme office.

If you have trouble finding out who your co-rodinator is, drop us a line at www.esnucd.com contact form (Erasmus Student Network UCD) and we can hopefully help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

oooh i'd never even seen that site, thanks a lot. Did the foreign university send forms and stuff out to you or how does that bit work? i think the best thing i can do is just sit tight and keep saving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

Yeah, we had forms to fill in, but we received those through our Erasmus Co-ordinator (I'm in Quinn). It is probably best to go to whoever the person is for you, as they will have experience of the process and what the next step is.

Advertisement