Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Visa - 3 Year Ban

Options
  • 27-03-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Hoping somebody can advise me!

I am due to head of to Sydney at the end of April and have been thinking of getting a 3 Month Holiday Visa as opposed to a 6 Month Tourist Visa.

I will be staying for 4 Months - Till the end of August.

I have been told that if I even stay a day over the 3 Months that I will automatically be banned for 3 Years from entering Australia.

I was wondering how true this is. I will be able to provide for myself the 4 Months and will not be working.

The reason I don't wanna go for the 6 Month Visa is because it takes 2 weeks to process and costs €150 and you need a few Documents such as Bank Statements etc. The 3 Month is pretty instant and is Free more or less.

How would I go about after 3 Months if I headed to New Zealand and then Came back -

How would I apply for another 3 Month Visa out there and will it be definitely granted? I have heard that you can get 4 consecutive ones pretty easy?

How much would flights to New Zealand be from Sydney? Is it worth all the hassle?

Also would it be easy to change my return date over there to the end of August if I only have a 3 Month Visa. At the moment I would need to change it to end of July to have a 3 Month Visa issued.

Thanks All!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kattyboy25

My sister got a one year visa, and she over stayed by afew days, and she got the three year ban so be careful and don't overstay your visa. I am uncertain about what are the implications of traveling to NZ from Oz (another 3 month visa definitely granted: hmmmm nope! You might even need another visa to enter NZ!). To be quite honest I don't know, and you obviously don't either so best thing to do is go to USIT or another travel agent and ask them the questions.

Or how about look at it this way, you might as well overstay and enjoy yourself if you have no intention of returning to there over the following three years. o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Stop being lazy and trying to cut corners. It's a trivial fee in the scheme of your trip. Sort it out - 1 less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

I'm not being lazy - I'm going in around 3 weeks and have been told the 6 Month Visa can take 2 weeks to process.

Also a bank statement can take a week to generate and be sent out - they need one with my address on it etc.

I also don't have the €4000 needed although I will have in a month.

I asked about the money and apparently it is one of the biggest requiremenets.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭k974

the 3month ETA is a 12month visa that doesnt allow any longer stay in the country than 3months, leave and renter nz is bout 450 at the cheapest return, www.virginblue.com.au www.jetstar.com.au make sure you have your onward ticket very likely you will be pulled up on re-entering but you shoudl be ok once u have proof of funds and onward travel, you can i think however extend the 3 month visa on the net to 6 months

Thanks K974 - the info I was looking for :)

So I could extend it to a 6 month online while in Oz :) I only really need it for a 4th month!

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just get the 6 month visa. It takes 2 weeks, you have 3. Surely you have an recent bank statement? Let this be a lesson to you to plan in advance inthe future.

Any information given here about illegal ways to stay in the country will result in an immediate ban.

Faith I was asking a question! No one has mentioned illegal ways! What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭k974

Faith wrote:
    Just get the 6 month visa. It takes 2 weeks, you have 3. Surely you have an recent bank statement? Let this be a lesson to you to plan in advance inthe future.

Any information given here about illegal ways to stay in the country will result in an immediate ban.

is that a dig about me?? none the ways i mentioned are illegal, there just ways around it, i'm sure everything i said is common knoweldge amongst the longer term irish out here anyway

dublad23 wrote:
    Faith I was asking a question! No one has mentioned illegal ways! What are you talking about?

You're looking for information on how to outstay your visa, without being punished by the authorities. Most of the ways to achieve that involve illegality. I'm warning everyone in advance not to talk about it.
    k974 wrote:
    is that a dig about me?? none the ways i mentioned are illegal, there just ways around it, i'm sure everything i said is common knoweldge amongst the longer term irish out here anyway

No, k974, that wasn't a dig at you.

Oh God Get a life Faith.

Most of the ways is not illegal!

You can apply over there for an Extension to a 3 Month Visa

You can leave the Country and re-enter

There is numerous ways - I didn't mention any illegal ways,

If the power of Moderation has gone to your head can you please take it elsewhere!

Thank You!

• Advertisement

dublad23 wrote:
    You can apply over there for an Extension to a 3 Month Visa

You can leave the Country and re-enter

There is numerous ways - I didn't mention any illegal ways,

Great then, you have an answer to your question. There is no need for the thread to remain open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement