Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Dinners

• 27-03-2007 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Brothers

I have seen a few threads about the perfect gut enhancing foods, and to my horror the daily 2 dinner regime has been ignored.

Since I got a job with a decent canteen it has been an honour to eat a fry for breakie and a proper dinner for lunch.

The real fun starts when I get home and have a second dinner with the missus.

The weekend I reserve for the chineese

This surely must be the best diet to recommend along with lashings and lashings of beer.

All the breast

Joe (2 dinners) Dunne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

joe_dunne wrote:
    Brothers

I have seen a few threads about the perfect gut enhancing foods, and to my horror the daily 2 dinner regime has been ignored.

Since I got a job with a decent canteen it has been an honour to eat a fry for breakie and a proper dinner for lunch.

The real fun starts when I get home and have a second dinner with the missus.

The weekend I reserve for the chineese

This surely must be the best diet to recommend along with lashings and lashings of beer.

All the breast

Joe (2 dinners) Dunne

Relax Brother ! I believe it's just that because this is the norm nobody bothered to mention it !

"TOM your brothers inn" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Ahh two dinners are all well and good my friends, but what you really need are bigger servings. I find all you can eat buffets are the best, 3 plates being the optimal amount before laziness sets in.
    Lets not forget the forgotten food, lashings of beer. Surely a canteen in work, cooking at home, out to a pub and a chipper on the way home counts as 4 dinners.
    And of course lets not forget to mention the one thing that is always forgotten in all diet advice, excercise. As little as possible of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I never thought to call it 2 dinners. Lunch is always a standard meal for me, eg. shepards pie with extra gravy, some garlic potatoes, buttered carrots and I sneak in a handful of rolls & butter that are meant for the soup. Then I'd have something similar again in the evening after work, few beers and if I'm out in the pub there would be a taco fry or kebab thrown into the mix.

Now getting back to the 2 dinners... if this wasn't the norm for you then what were you doing for lunch:confused:
    You're not one of these salad munchers :eek: The horror, you must have been wasting away!

Advertisement