Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby

• 27-03-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭

Would anyone down in the blaa area be interested in playing some tag rugby ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

Any room for beginners wanting to try something new. If so when where and so on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

[pimp]...Or if you want to take things a bit further, how about joining Waterfords' very own American Football Team who are currently competing in the the Irish Flag Football League?[/pimp]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah I'd be interested. Something to keep me busy while the football season is over and I'm a complete newbie.

I was talking to a couple of the lads in work and they said they would be interested too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

i thought there was already a team that got together down at Waterpark, HTere was last year anyway.

• Advertisement

I think it's on out in the Waterford City Rugby Club this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Id be intrested in playen, i would be a complete beginner :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

Hi all,

The story with the tag rugby in Waterford is that ITRA have run it for the last few years in the Waterpark RFC grounds (on the Dunmore Road). This year they have moved thier operation over to Waterford rugby club (in Kilbarry).

The IRFU are now starting and running a seperate (rival) league back down in Waterpark, so there is a choice of locations. I think there are a couple of places left for teams out in the beginners section of the ITRA league, a beginners team would find it tough going in the higher league sections.

I have no clue how full or not full the IRFU league is as it's difficult to get info from thier website.

A friend of a friend is supposed to have entered a team on our behalf in Waterpark (IRFU). Tag rugby is great craic but a team starting of should either get one or two experienced players or else not be too bothered about results !!

I wouldn't mind giving the flag football a try, is there a league around Waterford for that, or wher does it take place so I could get a look at a game out of interest?

Advertisement