Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New computer build help

Options
  • 27-03-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Well lads,
    Having a few problems starting my pc. I have a Nexus 500 watt case, Gigabyte Tech 9650-DS3 motherboard, a Nvidia BFG GeFore 7900 GTX OC graphics card, two sataII hard drives, 2 gb DDRII ram and a dvd rewriter.

When I power the PC up the two fans on the case and the fans on the graphics card and processor all start up. However the dvd drive fails to open, i think there is no power going to it... and i've tried changing cables. It has worked in other pcs.

Also I'm gettin no output from the graphics card. There are two DVI outs and a S-Video out from the card all produce a 'no input signal' on the monitor. I've used two different monitors also. No luck either.

This is my first build so I'm not sure what to try next.... so any help much appreciated...

Thanks lads
    Pa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have you tried another PSU with the PC ?

Try anything you have spare don't bother putting the power into the GPU it will work in 2D mode without the power connector anyway for the purpose of the test.

If the problem persists take everything out of the case and connect the PSU to the mobo with CPU/GPU + RAM present and power it on to see if the bios posts.

Advertisement