Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streak vs. Animal

• 27-03-2007 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

It was inevitable that someone started a thread like this. Well what you think will the streak come to an end?

I don't think the streak will be broken, well hopefully not anyway. Its probably his last wrestlemania.
    He might win by DQ, leaving batista champion and the streak intact.

Will undertaker lose at Wrestlemania 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

If Batista keeps the title, I promise Detroit will riot! Taker has to win, its simple as that. It would be a low blow not even Vince McMahon would dare pull to make Taker lose the streak to such a crap wrestler as Batista. Also, if there was a DQ finish, WWE would never be able to do a show in Detroit again!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Taker has to win. Even WWE cant screw up a sure thing like this......right? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Tbh I can't see Taker losing his winning streak....especially to someone like Batista!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i would not be suprised if Taker lost to be honest. i was readin on d internet and some places have advertised Batista vs Mr Kennedy for the world heavyweight title after WM. i no things could have changed since those plans were decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I expect 'Taker to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Taker will win and hold the belt for one or two months and then more than likely retire and be in the hall of fame next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Logically it would be foolish to have the streak ended by a guy who, if anything, has been getting worse not better in the ring. The Undertaker character is a Vince McMahon creation as is Wrestlemania and I think losing to Batista would tarnish both. I think therefore the Deadman will win.

I wonder if this match closes the show? I think it should. I was watching them hype up the Mania matches on Raw and they left HBK/Cena until the end. I hope that was just because it is Raw's main event and not because it's actually the Mania main event.

I wonder if this match closes the show? I think it should. .

I disagree just because if Shawn Michaels is on his game and he will be, no one will be able to follow him.

In saying that the crowd heat should be really great for both so its not a big deal either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

OK, who is the one who voted for Batista? :)
    A poll to see who wins the other main event wouldn't result in such a landslide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

A few months ago we had the question here as to whether Taker should get to keep his WM winning streak. It was kinda split I think, I know I said that I wouldn't mind if he lost to the right person, that person being a young guy who's got a lot of potential. And Batista certainly isn't that person. Taker has to win

I think Vince knows that a dq finish would leave the fans feeling screwed. It's like when he was asked on a tv interview in America if him or Trump would actually have their head shaved. The interviewer didn't believe Vince, but Vince was adamant, he knows if neither of them get their head shaved then he'll be cheating the fans. I know he does it quite a bit with the bait-and-switching on their tv shows, but this is different. And a dq finish would be the same thing, it would just cheat the fans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Double C wrote:
    OK, who is the one who voted for Batista? :)

Me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

The streak cannot end at mania.................
    This is probably takers last WM or close to the end anyway and I'd be damned if he lost his streak to someone like Batista........
    This is gonna keep the fans guessing til after the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

If Vince thinks it will generate controversy, shake-up the locker room, and revenue as a consequence... i wouldn't be surprised if Taker' loses to Batista.
    I want Taker to win but i think Vince will have Taker' lose so i voted for Batista too.

**runs away and hides**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I don't follow WWE any more, so take what I have to say with a pinch of salt. Undertaker should not lost to Batista. He should do his best to hang on for one more year, and then lose to Edge (who I think has a similair streak going on). T'would be the perfect way to pass the torch to someone who deserves to carry it.
    Now, imagine a dream scenario where there had been a cross-promotion match between Undertaker Vs Goldberg (deep in his streak) at Wrestlemania. Of course, 'Takers streak wasn't really hyped before Wrestlemania 18, so this could never have happened. It would have been spectacular though, knowing that one major streak would come to an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I think someone said it before that taker will lose it to edge next sunday. edge will do his hiding job in the MITB match and win and come back and get a battered and beaten Undertaker after he has won the title later that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I think someone said it before that taker will lose it to edge next sunday. edge will do his hiding job in the MITB match and win and come back and get a battered and beaten Undertaker after he has won the title later that night
    That could well happen, but I'd prefer Edge to beat 'Taker a bit more cleanly than that, and with the whole build-up being that one of their streaks is going to end. If it is an impromptu match, we'll get none of that.

It would still be a better result than Batista getting his arm raised, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

As a Taker fan i will be pissed if he loses his streak. I want him to retire with it. I would hope that Vince et al would have decided that it would be his "things" so to speak?

Taker has done a lot for the company, and put a lot of people over and never had a hissy fit about things. He has been one of there most popular guys for 2 decades now.

Him giving it up to Batista would quite literally make me cry. Or smash Dave in his big stupid mouth. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

It is highly unlikely Edge will have anything to do with the Taker/Batista match...in fact it seems he mightn't have much involvement in the MITB. He fractured his Jaw a fews weeks back, hence why he hasn't competed on Raw, WWE are hoping he will be ok for the MITB....don't think we'll see him being too involved unfortunetly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I found it kinda funny that it was his jaw that he broke, yet he's been talking more in the last few weeks than ever before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Balls. I hope to god he's ok for the MitB at least. It could be a great moment if he appeared after the Taker match, it will be a shame if an injury spoils any big plans.

• Advertisement

I think it could be fun watching Edge try and sneak his way to victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd say edge would go after the winner of michaels/Cena instead what with the DX / Rated RKO build up and edge and cena's history. To do to him twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Wacker wrote:
    I don't follow WWE any more, so take what I have to say with a pinch of salt.

I`d take what you say with more than a pinch of salt, Mr. Solie!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Edge is your typical sneaky heal so there is no way in hell he would go after taker!
    Has anyone gone after taker to be honest? JBL and co have all run from him and edge will be no different and on the other hand,edge has gone after both and beaten both cena and michaels....

but at WM only 1 maybe 2 heals have ever walked out with the title thats why taker is walking out and cena is walking out with the titles(michaels kicking cena is the clue to that one even though HBK is more over with the marks) cena sells more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Minto wrote:
    If Batista keeps the title, I promise Detroit will riot! Taker has to win, its simple as that. It would be a low blow not even Vince McMahon would dare pull to make Taker lose the streak to such a crap wrestler as Batista. Also, if there was a DQ finish, WWE would never be able to do a show in Detroit again!

Here, here!! If batista wills, I'll bombard WWE with phone calls, letters, e-mails, petitions etc. Thats a promise!!!! To quote Vince "I guaren-damn-tee it!!!!":cool:

Advertisement