Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance

Options
  • 27-03-2007 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'll be finishing up a 2 year FETAC level 6 course this May and my college has put together a follow up course for the following year which is mainly aimed at people in my class.

I'm on the VTOS payment at the moment and I can only do this course next year if I'm accepted for BTEA but there could be a problem with this and here it is: the course next year is also FETAC level 6 which we're told could cause problems for us because once you're on a payment you're supposed to be progressing all the time.

Some people in my class are on VTOS and others are on BTEA and we will all be given a letter from our college stating that the course has been put together for us and we've been told to take it to the DSW when we're accepted for the course in May.

It may be in my favour that I'm on the VTOS payment now and hoping to switch to BTEA rather than already being on one hoping to extend it.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement