Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clocks need changing: should I walk away?

Options
  • 27-03-2007 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Just quick piece of advice needed.

Was lookin at a used merc, from an authorised merc dealer with service history I am told.

Noticed during test drive that while mileage was ok, trip dials were mumbled.

They got it checked and they said the clocks need changing and that it happens somtimes although uncommonly.

Is this true? or could this be a sign that its been tampered with or clocked?

Anyone any experience of this problem or know about mercs. Its the old style E class btw.

Or should I just by a 5 series ha!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

It's common enough for that to happen on the W210 alright.
    Easy but expensive fix, once the dealer is paying i wouldn't worry bout it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You should in any case examine the service history and call the garages named on the stamps to verify that the car was in fact serviced as per the service history. If that all adds up then I wouldn't worry about the clocks being changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you do go for it be sure to get some sort of documentation stating why the clocks needed to be changed - just in case someone questions you when you go to sell it.

Be sure to take Anan1's advice too.

Advertisement