Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this possible??

• 27-03-2007 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah it's do-able.

Plug your xbox into your laptop via the ethernet connection. Enable connection sharing in your wireless lan settings on your laptop. Turn off the firewall.

Worked for me after doing this. Was a tad annoying having to turn the laptop on every time i wanted to play on live because my laptop is a piece of sh*t and take about 10 minutes to start up. I agree €90 is robbery for a wireless adapter, but I managed to get mine off play.com on a misprice for €15 so I didn't have to go through the laptop anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

get a cable made up and just reroute it downstairs ive mine routed in the attic to join one pc to the other and the xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

It may be possible to set up a Wireless Distribution System using the spare router, but it will depend on the make and model of the routers you have and what the firmware that they come with is capable of, or if you can use third party firmware. Setting this up can be tricky and the other solutions mentioned above would probably have you up and running faster and without as much frustration and hair pulling.

90 euro is a crazy price for the wireless adapter, hopefully if the new version of the Xbox comes out with built in wireless the adapter price will drop siginificantly. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

NiSmO wrote:

Is it a crossover cable required for plugging into the laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

NiSmO wrote:

No matter what settings I tried, I had to completely disable the firewall any time I wanted to use my laptop as a bridge to connect to live.

I know it's alot to stump up but the wireless thingy for the 360 is seriously sweet. A cinch to set up and stable as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NiSmO wrote:

switch everything on and connect it. do as mentioned above and double click the icon for the wireless in the system tray on the laptop. click properties and then advanced and share the connection.
    go into your xbox settings and network settings and restore to factory defaults, worked for me , no need for a cross over cable the cable subblied with the xbox will work just fine.

questions though, is the wireless router connected to the internet or is it inturn connected to something else? Does it have its own firewall?

Advertisement