Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Capacity on Mazda 323

Options
  • 27-03-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't have a manual for my car, but want to find out the fuel consumption of it. So, i reset the trip counter today and filled the car up. So, my plan is to drive 100miles or so, fill up again and see how many liters were used. However, to do this i need to know how many liters the engine will take.

Anyone know the fuel capacity of a 97 Mazda 323f, or where i could get the info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

would you not fill it til its full and then you'll be roughly around the figure it is.
    ie. if it fills from almost empty to full in 47 liters it would be a 50 liter tank etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

APM wrote:
    would you not fill it til its full and then you'll be roughly around the figure it is.
    ie. if it fills from almost empty to full in 47 liters it would be a 50 liter tank etc?
    i tend to fill it and about 3/4 done, which takes between 30 and 35 liters...anyway, just realised maths will be my friend, i don't need to know the capacity. If i go 100miles, then top up again, what ever i fill it up by will be the amount it took me to go the 100miles, that info should be enough for me to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just fill the tank to the brim, doo 300 miles or so, then refill. count the litres on the display on the pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Tauren wrote:
    Hi all,

I don't have a manual for my car, but want to find out the fuel consumption of it. So, i reset the trip counter today and filled the car up. So, my plan is to drive 100miles or so, fill up again and see how many liters were used. However, to do this i need to know how many liters the engine will take.

Anyone know the fuel capacity of a 97 Mazda 323f, or where i could get the info?

323F's are deadly cars, but they are crap on petrol, i know, i have one :D

I get about 25mpg, but it is all city driving in heavy traffic. Havent a had a chance to do a lot of motorway driving and then measure it. Would like to know what mpg you get though!

A relative of mine had a 1.5 GLX saloon and found it to be quite good on fuel. around 40mpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

I drive a mazda 323 95 model..which has a 1398cc engine..does around 35mpg when i last did the calculations...around 4 years ago...she's still going strong! love it...nippy and nimble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

to answer your question . Its exactly 55litres

C_Breeze wrote:
    to answer your question . Its exactly 55litres
    cheers for the info - i did look online, but couldn't find anything for certain, i thought it would be 50 based on some of the stuff i read but seemingly not.

homosapien wrote:
    I drive a mazda 323 95 model..which has a 1398cc engine..does around 35mpg when i last did the calculations...around 4 years ago...she's still going strong! love it...nippy and nimble.

The 323F is a 1.5 DOHC though so is a bit heavier on the fuel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

The 323F is a 1.5 DOHC though so is a bit heavier on the fuel!

VROOM VROOM! well thats understandable so...people are quite taken by it when they drive it and ask me what fuel consumption I get out of it..they think it must eat fuel (1.4L) but 35mpg is reasonable for an early 90's engine of that cc

• Advertisement

the 1.3 is DOHC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Drive 200km instead. It's litres per 100km you want to calculate, not per 100 miles.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote:
    Drive 200km instead. It's litres per 100km you want to calculate, not per 100 miles.
    my trip counter is based on miles, so i'll have to go with that. I think i'll just drive normally and fill up when i normally would. Doesn't really matter how many miles i drive, as the ratio should remain the same.

if its in miles (this is wat i would do on my mazda)

fill up the tank or 'x' amount of litres.

see how many miles you get ( i would usually get 260miles)

multiply that by 1.609 , which is about 420kms

mutliply litres by 100 so 55*100= 5500

then divide by amount of kms you have done ... the figure you get is you
    L/100kms

the official scale to measure consumption on now - not mpg.

C_Breeze wrote:
    if its in miles (this is wat i would do on my mazda)

fill up the tank or 'x' amount of litres.

see how many miles you get ( i would usually get 260miles)

multiply that by 1.609 , which is about 420kms

mutliply litres by 100 so 55*100= 5500

then divide by amount of kms you have done ... the figure you get is you
    L/100kms

the official scale to measure consumption on now - not mpg.
    i'll have to look at that again when i fill up next!

no way i am going to remember that!

just checked it 8L/100kms according to the method above.

Thats a dam lot more than i get in mine. I get 22mpg (although in heavy traffic most of the time) cant be bothered to convert that to l/100km tho!

Thats a dam lot more than i get in mine. I get 22mpg (although in heavy traffic most of the time) cant be bothered to convert that to l/100km tho!
    8L/100km works out at 35.3 mpg.

22mpg works out about 13L/100km.

My driving is near all motorway driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Most Mazdas (i've got one) have 10 gallons for normal tank 45.45 litres and one extra gallon for reserve. Total = 45.45 +4.54 = around 50 litres total.

Whoa :eek: for a 1.5?????

...thats what i used to get in my V6 !!!..whether pottering in traffic or booting it down the M50 id always get around 13L (22mpg)

that is verrrrrry steep for a 1.5 even in traffic all day long , you might wanna check out something is not wrong with the engine

• Advertisement

I have had it serviced and at first I though it was the temp sensor but turns out its not! Its all running perfectly and is really smooth etc

Ive just gotten used to it, doesnt bother me now as i do so little mileage it only cost me about 25euro a week. The 323F's are fairly heavy on the petrol anyway and my runs are all short heavy traffic runs

20litres get me about 110miles or so (just in case im not calculating it right) on a week where the traffic isnt to bad

Advertisement