Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.N. Sanctions against Iran call for Israeli Nuclear Disarmament

Options
  • 27-03-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭

It seems the U.N. has a sense of humour after all

This is a quote from today's Democracy Now
    REESE ERLICH: I think the newest U.N. sanctions were clearly sponsored and passed only because of U.S. pressure. They don't do a lot to actually effectively impact Iran that much. They increase the freezing of some Iranian individuals' assets, a few other things. They also, it might be noted, reiterate the U.N. call to make all of the Middle East nuclear free and that includes Israel. And I'm sure that's not something the Bush administration is going to trumpet when it talks about those latest U.N. sanctions.

I have no expectations that the media will even mention this aspect of the resolution in the build-up to world war 3. But for those of us who like to be informed, this is important information. It means there is a reciprocal aspect to the U.N. resolution and dilutes even further the attempts to justify an invasion or attack
    http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/27/1356250

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I was reading about the aherns meeting with the the IAEA guy el baradhai and it seems to me that although called for disarnament _ everywhere_the they purposely did not recognise that IRAN hasn't done anything illegal under the NPT etc

Advertisement