Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moment in Stargate SG-1

Options
  • 27-03-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Okay, I'm surprised that nobody has started this already, but seeing as the series is finished, we may as well open the flood gates (no pun intended) and get everyone to post their favourite moment(s) or episode(s) from the ten series. Go on, don't be shy!

Okay, I've got three:
    1st one: When Jack has the ancient repository downloaded into his mind for the second time and he is connected up to the Asgard ship he just starts flickng on and off the lights on the Asgard ship... as any of us would do.
    2nd one: Same episode, a couple of minutes later, when Jack picks up the gun and fires it at the replicator, Thor just pokes his head above the desk and the look of surprise in his face was fantastic.
    3rd one: The episode where Jack and T'ealc both loop the same day over and over again. Priceless and hilarious.

Now it's your turn.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

TEAL'C: You have been impregnated without copulation?

VALA: Yes. And I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?

Mitchell raises his eyebrows and looks to Carter, who shrugs slightly.

MITCHELL: Well, there's one…

TEAL'C: Darth Vader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

1. The episode way back about the Ashen (spelling) where they managed to send the note back in time through the stargate to theirselves and not vist the planet in the first place

2. recent episode - Tealc - "You are about to explode, i will leave you now" or something like that :) hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

1. The episode way back about the Ashen (spelling) where they managed to send the note back in time through the stargate to theirselves and not vist the planet in the first place

That's a favourite of mine as well - absolutly classic.

Another episode I like is the time-looping episode :D

The third excellent episode (besides the final 2 of season 7) was the few episodes at the end of season 8 where SG1 finally defeat the replicators and Anubis - pure SG1 gold.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Absolutely adore Teal'c's Jaffa joke in "Seth":

Jack O'Neill: Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
    Teal'c: I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill.
    [Teal'c thinks]
    Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

It's Teal'c bursting into laughter and everyone's expression that sells it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

"they said no"
    "no to what sir, the mission?"
    "no, the missions all the go, they said no to the name of the ship"
    "sir, you cant call the ship the enterprise"
    "but i want to"

+ Anything to do with wizard of Oz, star wars etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"Whats with the hair?" (x3)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

ixoy wrote:
    Absolutely adore Teal'c's Jaffa joke in "Seth":

Jack O'Neill: Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
    Teal'c: I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill.
    [Teal'c thinks]
    Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

It's Teal'c bursting into laughter and everyone's expression that sells it. :D

I forgot about that - classic :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not really a "proper" episode as such, but most of the Team America-style puppetry from "200" was brilliant!
    Puppet Hammond: Sergeant, make it spin.
    Puppet Walter: Spin? Sir, it doesn't spin.
    Puppet Hammond: What? It has to spin--it's round. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now.

Also:
    Sam: (in the shower) Sir. Are you there?
    (long pause)
    Invisible Jack: Nope.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

In window of opportunity

Jack:Every time this day starts Daniel asks me a question I wasn't listening the first time.

Same Ep
    Daniel to Sam Maybe he read your report

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

URGO! :D

Or in the Wormhole X-treme episode:
    Major Stacey Munroe: I'm having a little trouble with scene 27, it says that I'm "out of phase" which means I can pass my hand through solid matter, or I can walk through walls.
    Director: Yeah yeah, because you're "out of phase"...
    Martin Loyd: Um... exactly...
    Major Stacey Munroe: So, how come I don't fall thorugh the floor?
    Director and Martin: ...
    We're gonna have to get back to you on that one.

And the director is the real director of SG-1, and his brother plays the fake Colonel O'Neill.
    In fact, nearly the whole DeLuise family has been in SG-1 at one point or another... :D
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0217938 - SG-1 director and cameo appearances.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0217937 - Nick Marlowe/Colonel Danning
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0217936 - Pete Shanahan
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001123 - Urgo!

Also, classic moment: when Apophis reveals himself on the Ne'tu in Season 3, "yaaaaay!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sylar and O'Niell have to get through one of the Base's locked security doors. Sylar puts a C4 charge on it.

JAck: Put on 2 of those

Sylar: ....sir?

Jack: ...............its called a "Blast" door.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

^^ Sylar was behind the door, it was Major Reynolds he was talking to :D

Anyway, my favourite:
    "Thor, got any aspirin,
    Teal'c what's with the hair?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the guy who calls out 'chevron one.. locked' in the documentary episode

'well basically what I do is call out, chevron one.. locked, chevron two.. locked.. and that's about it' (he said something about spicing it up at the end sometimes but I forget what) , and the person interviewing him asked if he did any more and he replies 'no.. that's pretty much it'

walter.. is that his name?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Always enjoy looking out for Siler with a giant spanner in the background :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Mordeth wrote:
    walter.. is that his name?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Harriman

ixoy: I like this guy better. :p

Also, this isn't in Stargate, but I felt compelled to post:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgKyUbAL86M

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

BopNiblets wrote:
    For example, in Season 7's Heroes, during an interview, he gives a detailed description of how he announces that each chevron is activated: "Well, basically when the gate is dialing, I say 'chevron one encoded', 'chevron two encoded', and so on, incrementally, up to the seventh chevron, um, which is a little different, because that's when the wormhole connects. Uh, when that happens, I like to change things up a little bit and just say, 'chevron seven locked.'" Apart from this he does have one comedy scene at the beginning of 'Endgame'.

However, even though he may lack a sense of humor, Walter is often portrayed in humorous situations

i think it's the author of that piece who lacks the sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

"It took us years to McGuyver a system to dial the gate"

O'Neill gives odd look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Another SG1 / McGyver cross over (blooper)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cKXJ2myYXE&NR=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Favourite moment....**** that's hard...way too many for me to pick one, but if I think of one, or thirty, I might come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 darthculain

Jack : How far do you think that was?

T'ealc : Several million miles O'Neill.

Jack : Thats gotta be a record.

The golfing through the wormhole was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

From 200

Director:
    "My main actor has just dropped out, what am I going to do?"

Carter:
    "Well you could get the rest of the characters to keep refering to him. Maybe from time to time have them take a phonecall off him"

Director
    "Thats just stupid it has to be believable"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

No No, Best moment was in the armband episode

Jack,Daniel and Sam go to a resturaunt and someone comes over to take the order.

Jack:Three of the biggest steaks you have *woman walks off*
    Jack: Emm Excuse me? my friends have to order.

dont know why ive always loved the armband episode

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Not really a "proper" episode as such, but most of the Team America-style puppetry from "200" was brilliant!
    watched this again last night. one of my favourite moments is the very final scene, where the fake teal'c intones the isaac asimov quote:
    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all. "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I love this scene. The look on Tealc's face is classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU39xUF2SyA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

i can't believe nobodies said it yet, but in the first Martin Lloyd episode, Teal'c is in the motel and addicted to the vibrating bed. he puts in a coin to operate it and then smiles broadly as he lies down...brilliant.

Cam: does anybody know where Teal'c is?
    Carter: yea, i think he got a ticket to see some show.
    Teal'c is sitting in the front row of the vagina monolouges!

Quick question. in the scene with the puppets from 200, when Hammond says that "spinning is so much cooler than not spinning", is this a little dig at atlantis because their gate doesn't spin?...i always thought it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Possibly, but could also be a reference to using a DHD which just lights the chevrons.

Anyway, the light on the Atlantis gate light in a rotating manner until the right one gets selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Possibly, but could also be a reference to using a DHD which just lights the chevrons.

Anyway, the light on the Atlantis gate light in a rotating manner until the right one gets selected.
    yea, but the gate itself doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Quick question. in the scene with the puppets from 200, when Hammond says that "spinning is so much cooler than not spinning", is this a little dig at atlantis because their gate doesn't spin?...i always thought it was

Nah I think it was more just because the gate is round after all and as he said "spinning is so much cooler than not spinning" :)

+1 on the episode where Jack and Teal'C relive the same day over and over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Window of opportunity
    Hammond: COLONEL O'NEILL WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!
    Jack: .... IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK SWING!

Also, jack cracking up in the mess hall
    I'm telling ya teal'c, im gonna lose it....
    lose it, it means go crazy... nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in control of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!

I think loads of sci-fi series have done the whole "time loop" story line. And its usually boring as hell to watch (the star trek tng was particularly bad to watch), but Stargate made it one of my favourite episodes

• Advertisement

I always found episodes with Baal good here is one piece I though was very funny. From Season 8 - Zero Hour.

O'NEILL: Well, I'm not really sure. Here's some irony for you: Carter -- have this thing fixed like that. (He clicks his fingers, then turns to the Control Room.) No offence there, Siler.

SILER (into the microphone): Uh, none taken, sir.

O'NEILL: Good. (He turns back to Baal.) So, why don't you just send her on through. Before you know it you'll have old Camel-ass back in your grubby little mitts.

BAAL: You dare mock me.

O'NEILL: Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you.

BAAL: You have one more day. (His image disappears.)

GILMOR: Is it really wise to provoke him?

O'NEILL: It's what I do.

Advertisement