Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna Tattos

Options
  • 27-03-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering where in Dublin city centre is a good place to get a henna tattoo as some places don't do them?

Also, how long do they last, can you get them in all the various colours etc. and do they look real? (that one is REALLY important :))

Also, how much would one cost to get a small amount of txt written, such as "I love [persons name] till death" then maybe a small scull and cross bones underneath..

Haha, sorry, randomI know, but planning on suprising my girlfriend on April 1st with her name tatoo'd on my arm. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

There's usually a guy on grafton street that does them,i had one before and it looked realistic,lats a fair while depending on how much you was it etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

*Real* henna tattoos are brown or red/orange and don't resemble 'ink' tattoos. They should never be black, and if they are this usually means they are 'black henna' which has PPD in it and can cause reactions, blistering, and scarring.

This is just a warning, you should have a read off the link. Plenty of people get black henna tattoos and nothing happens, but still. It'd probably be less risky to experiment with a marker or pen instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 punctured

henna is a good idea for fun but doesn't last very long. The aftercare you give it is very important,but don't expect more than a week from it. You can get brown and black henna but from what I've heard the chemicals in the black henna can leave long term marking so it's best to avoid it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

go in to get a tattoo... organise with the artist to write her name first..
    have her panic, then have him go over it with something else.
    in the end.. you will have a nice new tattoo.

just get her name....
    then cover it up :D

Advertisement