Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Battery Charger

Options
  • 27-03-2007 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I need to charge a car battery, it is 30 AH. Anyone know where (Dublin Area) I can pick up a reasonably priced charger? How much should I expect to pay.

Thanks,

Jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Any motor factors will sell these. It might be an idea to get one one that does a 'fast' charge as well as the normal trickle charge.

Be sure to loosen any cell caps, if your battery has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I bought one in lidl before for about €10. It has done a lot of charging, and I have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

maidhc wrote:
    I bought one in lidl before for about €10. It has done a lot of charging, and I have no complaints.

No help to the OP really, unless there's one on sale there at the mo.

OP, Consort (Drumcondra, Finglas East, Artane) are usually very competitive. The owner is usually in the Drumcondra store, and will often drop a few € if asked nicely! Be aware that fast-charging a battery can harm it, especially if done repeatedly. Best is to trickle-charge, if you can afford the time.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement