Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nissan pulsar alloy size

Options
  • 27-03-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

im getting some alloys for my nissan pulsar. im wondering does anyone know the max size the arches will take. im thinking of getting 17", but unsure as to whether the car can take 17".
    the year is a 95 pulsar saloon model.
    any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

what size is currently on it do u know? Also, if its a large jump, check the overall width of the tyre, as this may be where u have a problem (ie going from 175/15 to 225/17 or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'll need to uprate the suspension. Pulsar saloon models are very softly sprung, and large alloys will cause problems. I'm guessing 16" max with standard setup. factory cars have 13" unless I'm mistaken.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

f!ck!! 13" to 17" thats a crazy difference!! ur speed/braking/acceleration will be radically altered! I would strongly think that they wont fix (unless factory have a ridiculously high overall radius, as in 65 and u changed to something like 30!) While ur at it, check out this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055071064

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

13" wheels fitted to jap Pulsar are quite skinny (165?) and have a huge profile

Advertisement