Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy ass 7yr old Drummer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

holy ****!

maybe tis a midget

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Holy moly! That's impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mr.Mond

That's amazing :eek: ........now I'm depressed......... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mr.Mond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

crosstownk wrote:
    Holy moly! That's impressive!

Sure is!The guys name is Jacob armen. He is all grown up now and playing some of the most mind boggling stuff! I found another vid of him on youtube, where CBS (or NBC I cant remember now) interview his parents. Turns out his dad used to have jazz playing in the kids cot when he was a toddler, 24/7!
    He was teaching him rudiments at the age of 18 months. From there he moved on to odd time. Insane!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

twice as old, but I much prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

holy jumpin jahoobahs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

mp3guy wrote:

twice as old, but I much prefer
    nothing at all impressive about that video really... most of its just crap theres about 10 seconds near the end that has an actual beat... the drummer in my band can do everything he can and he's roughly the same age

Steoob wrote:
    nothing at all impressive about that video really... most of its just crap theres about 10 seconds near the end that has an actual beat... the drummer in my band can do everything he can and he's roughly the same age

Cool, so I can expect a video of your drummer playing that polyrhythm half way through within a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Steoob wrote:

Yeah, there's a pretty definite pulse there. Some of the transitions are a tad hazy, but the kid's definitely playing solid beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

The kid can shred like the best of them, there's no doubt there. TBH, the clavé played on the left foot is no easy feat, coupled with the pattern played on the ride. Lets put things into perspective here, the kid, no matter how young he is, is better than most players you'll ever see. Perhaps an overuse of the 4 and 6 stroke hand/feet combination, but it sounds impressive nonetheless

Yeah, he does go a bit over the top on the portnoy-style double bass in fills thing, but some of the other stuff is very nice and tasteful

Advertisement