Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak houses in Dublin

Options
  • 28-03-2007 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ello all, I'm looking for a Steak House in Dublin. Quiet, with good menus. Please Exclude JP's Steak House though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Not a specific steak house, but still do amazing steak is Darwin's on Aungier Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

JD's or whatyacallit in Terenure is very good in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

For the ultimate steak experience - Shanahans?

IMO FXBs is muck. I don't think they actually do any repeat business.

• Advertisement

olaola wrote:

Hope sutty has won the lotto recently if he's thinking Shanahans..

Such good steak though..

Oh! - Fire restaurant beside the Mansion house does a savage steak.
    http://www.mansionhouse.ie/fire/menus.htm

It is not as quiet and snazzy as Shanahans. Tis more trendy and flashy.

olaola wrote:
    Oh! - Fire restaurant beside the Mansion house does a savage steak.

That's pretty random, I only ate their last night..

Yeah, the steak on the early bird was savage, left the sauce on the side cause the meat was so tasty. I'd love to see the quality of their full price stuff!

Oirthir wrote:
    That's pretty random, I only ate their last night..

Yeah, the steak on the early bird was savage, left the sauce on the side cause the meat was so tasty. I'd love to see the quality of their full price stuff!

My other half had a sirloin on the bone... it was bone-a-licious. He declared it the best steak he has ever had (and that is after sampling Shanahans a few times).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mogsy

try spurs steakhouse in the liffey valley s.c, is the best steak i have had in dublin excluding shanahans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

From the Yamamori menu (and for steak done slightly differently without crippling the wallet):

Teppan Beef Teriyaki
    Grilled 8oz tenderloin steak, served on a hot plate with stir fried vegetables and a sweet teriyaki sauce.

/me dribbles

Full dinner menu here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

olaola wrote:

I've been a regular to FXB crow street for over a year now. The ribeye and fillet steaks there can't be beaten.

I've been to Shanahan's and i can honestly say the taste difference between their fillet steak and the FXB crow st's 14oz ribeye is next to nothing. Only difference is you can nearly have three courses in FXB for the price of the steak in Shanahan's. It's nothing special, but for a anniversary etc, by all means, it's maybe worth the plush surroundings and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I think I might try that FXB place. As the misses is a rather big fan of fillet steaks. Plus it is close to where my flatmate will be having his 21st the same night. Cheers for the replies all

mogsy wrote:
    try spurs steakhouse in the liffey valley s.c, is the best steak i have had in dublin excluding shanahans

You're kidding right? I've chewed footballs more tender that a spur house steak......

Gazza22 wrote:
    I've been a regular to FXB crow street for over a year now. The ribeye and fillet steaks there can't be beaten.

At least Shanahan's know how to cook the steak properly. And as for the quality of the meat. I'm in doubt of that tbh. I personally had a bad meal there, along with other people I know. Actually, I don't know anyone who has had a good meal in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

FXB have the renowned reputation for meat in the Dublin area, and have done for decades.

They supply my local butcher in Celbridge where I buy all my meat.

I tried some of their stuff at the Tastefest in the RDS a couple of weeks ago, where they cooked the steak there and then for you, and it was enough to make me want to try their restaurants. Which I havent yet, but intend to.

Sutty, i'd recommend it as worth a try...
    If you do, let me know what you think

olaola wrote:
    At least Shanahan's know how to cook the steak properly. And as for the quality of the meat. I'm in doubt of that tbh. I personally had a bad meal there, along with other people I know. Actually, I don't know anyone who has had a good meal in that place.

As do FXB. You obviously have a unique taste for meat that countless others don't share. FXB have been awarded numberous times and their meat is of good quality, so i'll leave it at that or else we'll just go another 2 or 3 threads arguing Shanahan's Vs FXB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

olaola wrote:

Have to agree. I went there with a friend a bit back and I couldn't finish the steak. Staff were nice, but I wouldn't go back at all.

Spanky-s wrote:
    Have to agree. I went there with a friend a bit back and I couldn't finish the steak. Staff were nice, but I wouldn't go back at all.

Was this crow street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Was this crow street?

Had the best steak of my life in Cafe Provence in Malahide few months back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement