Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ex DC players. Desert Conflict is nearly here..

Options
  • 28-03-2007 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Firstly mods, I didnt put this in the Battlefield section because a lot of ex DC players gave up on bf2 a long time ago and so they would not bother checking in there anymore.

So for anyone that doesnt know. Desert Conflict is a BF2 mod based on the best mod ever made, Desert Combat. for bf1942.

Just to note, the guys behind have no connecton to the people who made the original mod, however they have tried to get it as close to DC as the bf2 engine will let them.

Ive been waiting for this since I 1st got bf2, I became a tester for the DCON team during the summer there. But I gave up waiting for this mod to come out when summer was over and stoped testing aswell. Not even looked at the site since. But it looks like its FINALLY here. & I'm all excited again.

If like me, you loved DC and felt bf2 just didnt fill its shoes. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXIEbkF10U

http://www.desert-conflict.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5838

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Can't see those vids in work but I'm defintely interested in it. Any reason why the original guys aren't involved just out of curiousity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

(off the top of my head)

They moved away from the modding scene ages ago. Before BF2 was released even.

They got screwed by EA I think and then went off and started making their own game.

Frontlines warfare http://www.frontlineswar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3652

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

AFAIK The orginal DC team went on to form Dice Canada and produced BFV. Then recently DICE/EA fecked them over and they have now formed their own company and will have a BF type game out soon.

TheIrishGuard will have a server running DC as early as possible for the release. It will be on 82.195.136.136:16567, prob 48 man depending on how the maps play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OH YES cannot wait to play this baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

go_team.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

it looks great, looks like Death of Vanilla BF2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Vanilla BF2 died ages ago when EA/Dice completely fcuked it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Oh yes indeed.

Fond memories of being able to play DC on a 56k line.

Gives me a reason to dust off my copy of BF2.

Doorstop: "OUR WAIT IS OVER!

As i stated in a previous post made sometime ago. When you saw the release of the promo video you would know that the wait was over and a release was comming. IT IS TIME.. As of tomorrow evening at 7pm est we will be releasing the server files to the public.

THATS RIGHT!!! WE ARE RELEASING THE SERVER FILES TO THE PUBLIC TOMORROW AT 7PM EST..

So the next question is. When is DCON being released..

that answer..

FRIDAY March 30th we will be releasing the client files at 4pm est. "
    http://desert-conflict.org/forum/showthread.php?p=72560

:cool:

TheIrishGuard will have a server running DC as early as possible for the release. It will be on 82.195.136.136:16567, prob 48 man depending on how the maps play.

Sound. From what ive played when I tested, it should feel quite close to DC. They did a fantastic job with the maps, they are very close to what they were like in DC. However I only ever played them with 2 or 3 other ppl at most so I can't be 100% sure what they will be like. All I know is I was drooling at the idea of playing it on a server with loads of ppl .

Maybe this might pull Jim away from the plague? :p Time will tell :D
    kaimera wrote:
    Fond memories of being able to play DC on a 56k line.

Gives me a reason to dust off my copy of BF2.

yeah me too man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Stephen wrote:
    Vanilla BF2 died ages ago when EA/Dice completely fcuked it up.
    magick wrote:
    it looks great, looks like Death of Vanilla BF2

There is a hell of a lot of people still playing BF2 , while I concede that some didn't like it , it is still a very popular game .

• Advertisement

So what does everyone think of DCON?

I'm loving it myself. Some people are having lag problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Yeah i found musul to be a drain though overall am well impressed.

Oo, forgot about this. /downloads

Do I need patches and crap for BF2 as well?

yeah, 1.41.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

downloaded it and i could only see about 8 servers listed. anybody else getting so few?

i'm pretty sure i have patch 1.41

nope. Maybe mess with the filter a bit. Theres a few other game modes then just conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

looking at the top right hand corner I see version 1.1... listed. looks like i'm running an old version. just shows how little I play the game :rolleyes:

I'm seeing about 300 servers now with 1.41 installed. Unfortunately it runs SLOW on Vista here :/

Advertisement