Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web Hosting for Mobile Webpages

• 28-03-2007 2:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi i was just wondering what are the things a web hosting site has to have so you can download files to your mobile from it.

I have a site up on www.100webspace.com and have put a .jar file onto it, but when i navigate to the file from a mobile I get an error.

Does anybody know where i can find a web hosting site that can be used for downloading files to a mobile, free hosting would be a major bonus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Can you successfully download jar files from any other site to your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

dal wrote:
    Can you successfully download jar files from any other site to your phone?

Ya no prob with other sites, can download aft straight to the phone. This is an example of one i tried to host http://mbeach.farvista.net/Munster/wormsgolf.jar

Who hosts your killarney online website Dal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

That's not my site. It belongs to a user on boards called webmonkey.

I just got a site there about a month ago. I use a company called t35.com. They have free and paid hosting. I have the paid hosting but have used the free hosting in the past.
    I just tried there to upload a jar file to an old free site I had with them. It worked and I was able to download it with a browser.
    Maybe you could try them. They are good

Are you able to download the jar from your site using a browser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ok thanks for that ill try t35 later on. Ya i was able to download the file using my browser on my pc

Advertisement