Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead Xbox 360

• 28-03-2007 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭

Well last night my Xbox 360 gave the dreaded three red lights and is no longer working. Tried the few suggestions I could find on the net to no avail.

So it looks like I'm going to have to call MS to get it fixed before that I'd though I'd ask anyone here some experiences with the process, so question is how does it work and how long does it take ?

I read you have to send away the console does this mean you lose everything on the HD ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why not return it to the shop? Your warranty is with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Normally they would let you keep the HDD and just send the console on its own back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Thanks for the replies how long is the warranty on the Xbox 360 can't remember ?

I bought it on March 21 last year so I'm just over the 1 year mark.

That's good to know jonny24ie don't want to lose my saves if I have to send it to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A year is the warrenty period!!
    Ring them ASAP as they might still do it for free!! Say you tried getting through to them last week but the Xbox started working again and not its fully gone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

it takes less than 15 days

got my one or a refurbed one back yesterday

I sent off my harddrive and got it back so don't worry about sending it off, mine was fine anyway

agree with jonny24ie technically you are out or warranty so tell them it broke last week but you didn't know what it meant and are only getting round to ringing them now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Cheers I'll see if I can twist their arm into doing that thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

go back to the shop your contract is with them and make sure to say that it started last week like the rest of the people said. If it is out of warranty I would just buy a brand new core console rather then fork out €140 for a ****ty repair job. At least with the brand new core console you will get a wired controller and new console and a new 1 year warranty.

Advertisement