Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Hardware Upgrade

• 28-03-2007 8:56am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dont seem to be able to get Aero working on my Dell Inspiron 9300 which as an ATI X300 with 128mb memory and 512mb of memory.

After doing some research it seems the lack of memory rather than graphics power is preventing me using aero.

is 1GB of ram the min you need to get aero working? Or would I be better off with 1.5GB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

1GB is the minimum you need.
    Mimimum requirements are:

* a 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    * 1 gigabyte of system memory
    * a DirectX 9 compatible graphics processor, with a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver, and a minimum of 64 MB of Video RAM
    * 40 GB hard drive with 15 GB free space
    * DVD-ROM Drive
    * audio output and Internet access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

kearnsr wrote:
    I dont seem to be able to get Aero working on my Dell Inspiron 9300 which as an ATI X300 with 128mb memory and 512mb of memory.

After doing some research it seems the lack of memory rather than graphics power is preventing me using aero.

is 1GB of ram the min you need to get aero working? Or would I be better off with 1.5GB?
    To change the color scheme to Windows Aero

Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Window Color and Appearance. If the Appearance Settings dialog box is not displayed, at the bottom of the page, click Open classic appearance properties.
    2. In the Color scheme list, click Windows Aero, and then click OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Rambo wrote:
    To change the color scheme to Windows Aero

Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Window Color and Appearance. If the Appearance Settings dialog box is not displayed, at the bottom of the page, click Open classic appearance properties.
    2. In the Color scheme list, click Windows Aero, and then click OK.

He doesn't have the minimum required amount of system memory to enable Aero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I thought aero wa graphics dependant rather than ram dependant but it needs both so I need to get some extra ram toget aero working

Advertisement