Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Conflict

Options
  • 28-03-2007 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Yeah this is being released on Friday night. TheIrishGuard will have at least one server running on its release. So if you are a fan of this mod and living in Ireland find your way to 82.195.136.136:16567 for a nice low ping introduction to the world of DCON.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Thats a mod for bf2? or BFV?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Mod for BF2 Daz, will be around an 800mb download. If the mod team have lavished the same care to this mod that the original DC team did then it will be cracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

might give it a go, hell it cant be any worse than bf2 became, and its GOT to be better than 2142.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

0ubliette wrote:
    might give it a go, hell it cant be any worse than bf2 became, and its GOT to be better than 2142.

Lol.

Will be downloading it and gaming that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Class count me in :)

• Advertisement

Guys will prob do a locked server, with password posted here and on #tig.ie. That way we can get to know the mod without all the muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I wont have my pc for like a month a longest or a week at the earliest lol... Asking my aunt for a loan of money and ill pay her back week by week from wages.. :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

nice one hf, make me reinstall bf2 why dont you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Look great :0 see u all tomorrow night

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=51993

We have a server up on 82.195.136.136:16567. Its a 40 man server and will be passworded tomorrow night so that only the Irish community can play on it. Please feel free to join, I'll post the password here after launch tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

gd 1 most of the 1st-ib lads will most probly be on :D

Preview from BFGeeks TV. Looking sweet : http://www.tgbf.tv/archive2.php?id=747

OK this is now released. Server password is "sandstorm" however if server is full you may be removed for tig clan member.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Played it a bit there, very good so far. Guns are nice an accurate and they actually shoot where you aim! Although I think the assault class might be a bit overpowered. Remakes of the maps I've seen are excellent as well. Only played one original map but it seemed decent.

Giev full server later.

good game tig had me and stibby had good crack and the 18 ping was also nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

jihad truck ftw :)

ya that truck was a joke,driving around and then 1 min boom or the ice cream truck
    :D

Didnt play much last night but had a look at the domination mode and its pretty good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Installing now,pinging the TiG server now as im installing and pings are fluctuating a lot.
    Is the mod laggy guys?

Edit:

Hmmm just had 5 min game then the mod crashed,anyone else having crashes?

I didnt notice any lag for that 5 mins however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Apperently alot of people are experiecing high lag (me included). Theres a patch inc to deal with this afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

There is a problem with some of the static models causing lag on some peoples machines. It tends to happen on El alamein and Desert shield. The mod runs fine for me but I do notice my computer runs a bit slow for about 2 minutes after I quit this game.

I think this might effect some servers aswell, because some peoples lag problems change from server to server.

There is a patch in the works but its probably gonna be awhile before we see it.

Sometimes feels laggy for me but on the main its pretty good and imo class for a first release.

Gonna do some Domination or CTF tonight on the tig server if peeps are interested.

Been playing some more and i like it.
    It feels very very close to DC to me so far which is what id hoped for.
    Im experiencing no lag at all.
    On the whole however im experiencing mostly heavy armour battles and very little infantry which is a shame.
    I suspect this could be down to the maps ive played so far.

Domination is inf only Dcully, so you may enjoy that more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Apperently alot of people are experiecing high lag (me included). Theres a patch inc to deal with this afaik.

Any idea where i can get this patch? Was playing last night and it was fine, was playing today and it was awful! Getting about 4 fps in places, whereas i get over 100fps in source engine games.

Ah sweet Fairy cheers, i didnt realise that.

Stephen the patch is incoming as in "inc" that Fairy said,not released yet m8.

Dcully wrote:
    I suspect this could be down to the maps ive played so far.

Indeed, sure lost village is in there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Stephen wrote:
    Any idea where i can get this patch?

The patch isn't released yet.There has just been rumours of one that might be coming out.

• Advertisement

No they are working on it alright, it'll a while though before we see it. (From what Ive heard)

Advertisement