Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Conflict

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

GOD DAMN IT >>DAMN IT ALL TO HELL

Installed this mod.....and I have never wanted my Broadband Connection back so much ......I missed BF1942 DC mod and BFV but i was doing fine with with out Broadband untill I installed this.Everything looks good and the Impact from a Scud is Unreal. Roll on June and my new house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Ahah theres an oul face. Shout us up in June Joeface!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Oh i will fairy I have a Co-op server running bf2 for practice .... So hope fully im not too far behind the TIG skill level............ It will be MIA-TIG- verus TIG the day I come back
    MIA been Missing In Action.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Is the TIG server still up?

Found It.

But why Lost Village only? I mean, the mod is just out, why begin limiting maps already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ponster wrote:
    Found It.

But why Lost Village only? I mean, the mod is just out, why begin limiting maps already?

Nostalgia?

first time i've gone back to the BF2 engine in a while, i forgot how much i hate bunny hopping in Bf2. anyway the server i was on was lost village only, with the 2nd round being no parachutes, it was interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've installed 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 but I can't see any servers online (not too worried) nor can I see any maps listed for an instant battle.

What am I missing?

You just need to install the latest pack.

Are you using the DC icon on the desktop to run the game?

Can you connect to these servers? The DC exe is "DCon_v0.1a.exe" so I don't know what versions you're talking about.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=bf2&rulename=gamevariant&ruleval=dcon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

So far I've found DC hugely disappointing. As a mod it doesn't bring anything new to the game, unlike POE or EOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hit where you aim ftw !!!

Oh and CTF is a great laugh also !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

irlrobins wrote:
    So far I've found DC hugely disappointing. As a mod it doesn't bring anything new to the game, unlike POE or EOD.

Its DCON, and yeah theres some models that are still the same but the gameplay is totally different.

Did you ever play Desert Combat?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Noob question: How the hell do you use artillery/scud launcher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

need someone with binos to spot for you.

kdjac

Ponster wrote:
    You just need to install the latest pack.

Are you using the DC icon on the desktop to run the game?

Can you connect to these servers? The DC exe is "DCon_v0.1a.exe" so I don't know what versions you're talking about.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=bf2&rulename=gamevariant&ruleval=dcon

I have the following:
    DCon_v0.1a.exe 676MiB
    DCon_CTF_V0.2.exe 94.4MiB
    DCon_CTF_V0.3_Patch.exe 409KiB
    dcon_ctf_v0.3_server_patch.zip 62.7MiB
    I've uninstalled DCon and am going to try 0.1a on it's own.

I don't know where / how the DCon CTF installers fit into the framework.

Anything with ctf in its name was a seperate minimod Syxpak, you dont need them as ctf comes with the 1.0a installer.

Anything with ctf in its name was a seperate minimod Syxpak, you dont need them as ctf comes with the 1.0a installer.

Yep.

The 0.1a is all you need

http://desert-conflict.org/forum/showthread.php?p=73279#post73279

I installed 0.1a there, it said it needed to uninstall the existing dcon, I clicked yes, let it do its thing, and then fired it up via the desktop shortcut ("D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/dcon)
    Logged in via online account, no servers, no maps visible for instant battle, same with offline account.
    Will try scrubbing the dir and clean install later.
    Reading the launch thread for possible clues at the moment.

What happens when you try to connect to a server manually by entering the IP address?

Delete the "dcon" mods folder in BF2's dir. Reinstall and you should be good.

Instant battles don't show up, but if I go to create a Lan server, everything's gravy.
    Still can't see servers in in-game browser, tried connecting to direct IP of one last night from Ponster's link, didn't connect.

Is the TiG server still up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

SyxPak wrote:
    Instant battles don't show up, but if I go to create a Lan server, everything's gravy.
    Still can't see servers in in-game browser, tried connecting to direct IP of one last night from Ponster's link, didn't connect.

Is the TiG server still up?

There is now instant battles or single player, only multi player.

Hey !

I'm a Lance-Corporal again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, if any is looking for a server, try www.gamecommunity.co.uk we usally have a bf2dcon, eod servers running, and you can get the patches there as well

Anyone besides me still playing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Still playing it!:cool:

Advertisement