Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palm Treo 750v - Advice

• 28-03-2007 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi All,
    After a fair bit of research on the net I'm tempted to get the Palm Treo 750v as my next phone. But I’ve never seen it in the flesh and none of the stores in Galway have it in stock ( would have to buy it from the Vodafone web site ) .So I’m a bit concerned about the size , how does it compare size wise to other smart phones like the sony erission p900 or nokia 6680 ? I’ve owned both those phones and did not find the size to be a problem .One of the phones I was considering was the Nokia E61 … until I had it in my hand.It was just to wide.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Not great photos. Just took them quickly to show you, but here are a couple of comparison shots for you.

First pic is 6680, Treo750 and E61

Second pic is Treo 650, Blackberry 8700, 6680, Treo750 and E61

been using the 750 for about 2 weeks now with Blackberry Connect and very happy with it but will probably go back to a Blackberry. I keep trying different items but ultimately I find Blackberry Connect a bit lacking compared to normal Blackberrys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

blackberry connect is a heap of **** in my opinion.

run the palm treo directly of exchange 2003 sp2 if you have that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

whisht wrote:
    Not great photos. Just took them quickly to show you, but here are a couple of comparison shots for you.

WOW - thanks a millions !!! That really helpful. From the picture the Treo doesn't look to much bigger than the 6680..... or is that want to see :).
    thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

No problem at all
    Its actually just slightly bigger than the 6680. To be honest, for me it feels better to hold than the 6680. Where your hand actually closes around the 6680, it just cups the Treo 750 nicely, leaving the screen and keyboard accessible. Also, once you get the hang of it, its quite easy to navigate with just one hand for most stuff

Advertisement