Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomtom Go 910

• 28-03-2007 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am interested in buying one of these units for myself for work purposes, I do a lot of work around small villages in Ireland so I need a good detailed map and also the major cities. I am probably going to get the unit in the states and have my Aunt ship it home for me.

I was looking at the coverage for this unit and saw that the ROI is no covered, I have sent them an email to ask them about this but I havn't got a reply yet. Is the ROI covered in the updates for this unit and does anyone have any feedback on the unit from personal experience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Got one of these and as a direct result, I wouldn't buy anything from TomTom again. As I've explained in various parts of this and other GPS forums, the Teleatlas maps are useless for Ireland. I didn't appreciate being told that I had to pay TomTom €130 for map updates that were released one month prior to my acquiring the GO910. Had I known about all of the trouble that I was going to get, I would have completely ignored TomTom and gone for a Garmin, or anything else with Navteq maps for that matter. Don't be tempted by the gimmicky 20GB hard drive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

OP , I have a 910 and have used it in Dublin and outside the capital . I'm in Swords , so feel free to contact me via Pm and you can see it working. I have the new Navteq maps on my unit and I believe that the TomTom one europe v2 ships with these maps .It's available from Halfords for €299.

Advertisement