Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flies and Velux Windows

Options
  • 28-03-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have problems with flies around your velux windows?since the weather has got a bit better now there is a hell of a lot of flies upstairs in the house.It's a new build ,any any suggestions to get rid of them all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah i have that in the velux windows in my attic (not this year yet but last year and the year before) I read here that they are some sort of fly that populate in standard house insulation, a hatch fly or something, it has kind of been slowing down but it was fairly bad for a while. I blocked up all links/small holes between my nextdoor neighbours attic and mine by using that foam filler no more holes. The amounts seemed to reduce last year. It was so bad at one stage when you entered the attic at night they'd hop off your head. I thought there was something dead up there but it made sense that they are in the insulation there was /is no bad smell, my attic had insulation in the roof with just a plastic sheet holding it in, and i could see loads of them dead all around it, I assumed that they were in the insualtion or arrived in the insulation when i was getting the place done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Stoner is there any spray available out there to kill them all off?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

same problem here...horrible big flies and loads of them dead on the floor under the velux's...

love to get a solution for this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Im sure Lidl or Aldi will have those electric blue neon insect killers on sale soon as we come into the summer. Keep an eye out for them....

Advertisement