Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Fire

Options
  • 28-03-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey,

I was recently renovating our house after tenants ruined the place, and it took a good couple of months to complete. The job was finally finished last week and I had moved in new furniture and curtains etc.

So some scumbags broke into it on Saturday night and decided to set fire to it. The house is destroyed and the furniture is melted! Im now in the middle of sorting out insurance which will only cover the rebuild (as contents wont be covered in a rented house)

Apart from all that, has anyone got any suggestions where to start with the renovations as soon as the insurance claim gets approved? Should I just contact a builder and let him do the whole lot from start to finish? and will he know what needs to be done?

Nightmare!!!

Advertisement