Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get good paintwork done???

Options
  • 28-03-2007 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey Guys,

I've just bought a 2001 golf thats in need of a little touching up on the paintwork and a resprayed bumper. Can anyone recommend somewhere that will do a clean job for a decent price. The car is in great nick so don't want to drag it down with shoddy paintwork...

Thanks,
    Red:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Where are you based? I know a guy in Newcastle, Dublin. He has done work to my car and a few friends, excellent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

I have gone to Ford crash repair in Finglas on many an occasion and their work is top class. All minor paint work jobs and finished like new. You get what you pay for, dont go bargain basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Redfraggle

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm based in Ballsbridge but I don't mind bringing it anywhere in Dublin to get a good job done.

Cheers,
    Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Redfraggle

Hey,

Just checked with Ford Crash Repair in Finglas and they don't do paintwork anymore.

Oldmanmondeo:Do you have a number for your guy in Newcastle? Is it a garage or just a private guy?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Redfraggle wrote:
    Hey,

Oldmanmondeo:Do you have a number for your guy in Newcastle? Is it a garage or just a private guy?

Thanks,

Newcastle Autos, 01-4580033. He is a private guy, but does the body work for Railto Ford. Ask for Alan Kavanagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Try www.carcraft.ie in D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Don't bother e-mailing carcraft, they don't respond, even when you submit details including photos via their online contact facility. Well, at least for me anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

www.mgautostyling.com they are briliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use Crofton Motors on Sundrive Road (beside Superquinn). By no means the cheapest, but they do quality work and are nice people to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Bluetonic wrote:
    Try www.carcraft.ie in D3.
    They are fine for touch ups. Nothing major though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Redfraggle wrote:
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm based in Ballsbridge but I don't mind bringing it anywhere in Dublin to get a good job done.

Cheers,
    Red

There's a guy in The Square in Irishtown, facing the park, that has a very good reputation. He does all Saab's bodywork, from Gordon Kellet I assume. Can't think of his name, but I'm sure he's in the golden pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

el tel wrote:
    Don't bother e-mailing carcraft, they don't respond, even when you submit details including photos via their online contact facility. Well, at least for me anyhow.

Agree there, poor custom on their part.
    Need sizeable job on mine done, not gonna go near them due to poor customer service..their loss
    Whats the point advertising on their site to contact them and send fotos when its wasting my time!

Advertisement