Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Booking Form

Options
  • 28-03-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've been making little websites for a while now, mainly through laying it out in photoshop and cutting it into html with the in-program slicer thingy. I've been asked to do a small website for a summer camp and I'm going to need to have a booking form on there that sends and email to the camp's email address when someone goes to the site to register for his/her place.

Was just wondering what the best/how best to approach it.. in my last college project I had a form that sent an email, but the user had to have outlook set up on their machine and as most people are gmail or web-based email these days I'd need a form on a page to just send directly from the site to the email.

I know its possible, I just dont know how to go about it, php, asp? Both of which I'm clueless with but i'm sure I could find working examples on the net somewhere If I only knew what I was looking for.

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What languages does the sites hosting account support as this will dictate whenher you can use PHP, ASP or whatever.
    Once you know then we can come up with solutions for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

riight ok i'll find out later and repost..

thanks for the info ^_^

Advertisement