Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken XDA Exec screen

• 28-03-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a replacement screen/repair job done on my XDA Exec. I *stupidly* put it in my back pocket and sat down on the subway last week, thus cracking the screen and releasing LCD juices everywhere :D

I would rather not go through O2 as that would mean getting work involved, which wouldn't be desireable.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I have a similar issue. Don't want to threadjack but the post reminded me of something I've been meaning to get sorted for ages....
    I have an XDA Exec sitting in a drawer at home because the ribbon that connects the screen to the keyboard section somehow got messed up. Didn't force it on rotate or anything, had it about 2 weeks and I simply left it by the bed on the nightstand one night and when I woke up the device refused to display anything in landscape mode.
    Screen working fine in portrait mode As soon as I want to switch to landscape mode the display slowly starts to fade and display weird colours etc.
    I've read its a common affliction with the device but its a mystery to me how it happened in the first place. I bought it "nearly new" so I've no warranty, hence the drawer..
    Anyone know any place that could repair something like this? Screen fine. Its a soldering or connection issue.
    Again apologies for the thread heist dan99989! Just hope there is someone out there who can fix both of these issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I've had 2 Xda Exec's. One was perfect. I sold that on Ebay. The other was a self refurbished job (that I am currently still using). Had to get a new housing and screen from Ebay. If you want, I can do it for you. But if there is a Warranty it will void it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I've no warranty... can you replace just the ribbon connector? My screen is a.o.k except it doesn't play nice in landscape and of course I cannot use the thumbboard.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Hey, I''ve a similar problem too, the ribbon between the the screen and the cpu got twisted and seperated from the cpu, so all I get nothing when its' turned on... bought it to use for business when away, but it broke after a few weeks, got it on ebay too so no warrantee.. would you like to repair mine too?!
    many cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you take out insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

no insurance for me...sure what would I need that for!??? doh!

Advertisement