Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Mile - Never use them !!!!

Options
  • 28-03-2007 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I would just like to update everyone following on from my 'dealings' with Last Mile over the last month or so....

When the order was placed I was initially told 3 - 4 weeks tops for installation.... then this went to 4 - 5 weeks... I was ringing them EVERY day of the 5th week to highlight to them that I work in Dublin and require notice for the installation to take place... was told that the installer would contact me with plenty of notice to organise this..... I required broadband for work and also for VOIP as we are in a remote location in Longford.... they really are the only so called quick option....

yes you guessed it 8.10am on the final day of the 5th week I get a call from the installer to ask 'am I in the house as Im going to drop round now and do install'.... well I was sitting on train to Dublin... luckily though my wife was in so he appeared at the house....

He then said that 'oh you have two trees obstructing the signal but someone will be out to you on Monday or Tuesday to look at other options'.... He was trying a transmitter 10km away whilst we are less than 5km away from another one.... anyway he is the expert....

Surprise surprise still no one has contacted me or been out to investigate this further.... I have been on the phone to them every day this week to find out an update to be told 'oh someone will contact you'....

well my patience has snapped today.....

Last Mile seem to think that they can do whatever the hell they like.... they don't seem to believe in customer service.... the problem really is that they know a lot of us don't have any other option....

Well for me I do... I'd rather do without their service than give them the cash.... I am now investigation ALL other options apart from Last Mile....

If only 3G datacards worked on Vista I'd be online immediately !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Get a router my friend, connect it via Ethernet and you are up and running!

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1121637#

I have two of them, works a treat, will work with both "Three" and Vodafone cards.................and 3G works perfectly for VOIP (Skype or StuntVOIP) I think Blue face would cause problems,

Word of warning, Three's customer service is the worst i have ever come across. go with voda if you can.

Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

Godskitchen.... cheers for the advice... going to Vodafone shop today at lunchtime !!!

Advertisement