Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Window tinting...

Options
  • 28-03-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for where to get this done? I really want the side back windows done instead of getting stick-on sun shades. Ideally I would like someone to come to my workplace and do it in the car park. Based in Leopardstown.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

same here want to get the side back windows done also, im in sandyford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

if its for UV protection, ya know for the kids...then try this
    www.windowsox.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Great idea, think i'd prefer to get the proper ones in. Anyone got it done bofore..

Sorry for the thread hijack!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

3M in DunLaoire as far as I know do it.

What kind of %VLT are you getting done?

Our car came from the factory with about 75%VLT tints all around but its not really enough for the kids in the back, so I was going to get tints on to about 45%VLT. I dont want to just get the back done as I think it looks crap, but I heard that the car will now fail the NCT if the front side windows are tinted more than what it came from the factory?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    3M in DunLaoire as far as I know do it.

What kind of %VLT are you getting done?

Our car came from the factory with about 75%VLT tints all around but its not really enough for the kids in the back, so I was going to get tints on to about 45%VLT. I dont want to just get the back done as I think it looks crap, but I heard that the car will now fail the NCT if the front side windows are tinted more than what it came from the factory?

what are the UV protection figures for this type of tinting, i know most aftermarket tinting has no UV protection, no good for the kids, but they look good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

but they look good.

That's definitely a matter of opinion there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I'm not really looking for UV protection, I just want a way to stop the sun shining so brightly in their faces.
    And no, I don't think my car will be wearing socks;) . Thanks for the suggestion though

Stark wrote:
    That's definitely a matter of opinion there :)

ah well i like the look of tinted windows, now not blackened out windows but just nicely tinted.

I'm not really looking for UV protection, I just want a way to stop the sun shining so brightly in their faces.
    And no, I don't think my car will be wearing socks;) . Thanks for the suggestion though

might be a hell of a lot cheaper to but them sunglasses so.:D

very true :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

You'd want a dark tint on your back windows then. Tinting is reflective and your have the front window still letting in a fair bit of light. If your going for all windows i'd go for a medium on the back 3 and a light tint for the front two.

I know http://www.visionfx.ie/ do call outs, well they used to.

layke wrote:
    You'd want a dark tint on your back windows then. Tinting is reflective and your have the front window still letting in a fair bit of light. If your going for all windows i'd go for a medium on the back 3 and a light tint for the front two.

I know http://www.visionfx.ie/ do call outs, well they used to.

I wasn't even thinking of the back window, is it OK to have these tinted? Won't interfere with the heating elements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

No the elements won't be damaged. Just make sure whoever is doing it uses a brillo pad or wire wool to clean/scrape your back window instead of a stanley blade and you'll be fine.

Your car will look odd with only 2 back windows done :)

yeah, probably will. Will have to go with your suggestion above so...thanks

Advertisement