Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning stains from car seats

Options
  • 28-03-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

When will the search function be working again??

Anyway i bought a new car('02), and there is some slight stains on the drivers seat....nothing major but annoying all the same.

Whats the best way to remove the stains? or should i get a valet to get the seats shampooed to see if that does the job?

I think this was asked a while back but... i dont facy reading through every thread.

All replies apprericated

Daz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

If it's not too bad then get some Vanish spray on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

With a name like MR DAZ I thought you'd already know :D

You can buy spray on foam in most motor factors. You spray it on, rub it in with a nail brush or similar and then wipe/hoover it off. The problem is that if you do one seat it will look cleaner than the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

All joking side you'd expect someone of the name 'Mr Daz' to be able to get the seat clean :)

Anyhow beat method is to make up some suddy water and use only the suds on the stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Had a silimar probelm, used Vanish foam. easy to use and brings the seat up very clean. As mentioned before, you will probably have to clean the complete seat, but it is worth it, either buy car seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Thanks for the replies lads...

I guess i should have seen the smart comments about "DAZ" coming :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Yup that Vanish foam is yer only man.
    Had a pen leak in my back pocket while driving to sligo, Blue ink ground in for three hours, Didnt get around to cleaning it for annother week, On with the vanish, Spotless in 5 min. Great stuff. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

there is a yellow bottle of cleaner which i can't for the life of me remember the name of - something like Formula 1 or similar. Its around €10 but well worth it. I used it to clean dried in ice cream stains on my old car before i sold it - got leather this time so the kids can do what the want!!:D

Took ever stain off in no time.

Advertisement