Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Used Comms Equipment

Options
  • 28-03-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of where to sell used comms equipment. I have a load of old stuff that has been taken off a decomissioned site, like cisco routers and WAN frame relay switches and other bits and peices. Is there any companies that would buy the lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

hardware.com allege that they do.

Ebay isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Yeh, I kind of ruled out ebay, because of the size and weight of the stuff. Ill have a look into the other one now.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

adverts.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Hey, what stuff have you got, and how much?

Hi Mastermind,

I have:

Lucent B-STDX 8000 Chassis

One of these.

http://www.lordsnet.com/vendors/Lucent/Broadband_Hardware/Lucent_B-STDX_WAN_Switch.html

I have no power supply or any cards for it. These items can be gotten easily.

Cisco 1721 Router

4 Cisco 2503 Routers

These all have rack mountings

2 Cisco 1603 routers

4 MB flash cards included

2 Cisco Serial WIC 1T Cards

Cisco Serial WIC 2T Card

Access Beyond VCX 250

Not actually 100% sure what this does, but it has 16 eth ports at the back so I prisume its a switch of some sort.

All the gear is in very good condition with power cables if requires. I also have a couple of console cables for the cisco stuff.

Make me an offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Hi djfattony2000, if you want to keep it legit stick it on adverts.ie

However, i'm interested in some of your stuff,
    one of the Cisco 1603's (going for around 20 euro on ebay),
    the Cisco 2503 (going for around the 30-40 euro mark) ,
    the Cisco 1721 Router (from 10euro up to 50euro second hand, depending on seller :P, new you can get a couple of hundred) .
    If you stick it on offer i'd be willing to pay 100 odd for 1x1603 1x2503 1x1721

I'd like the Lucent B-STDX 8000 Chassis just no idea where i'd put the feckin thing hehe. Throw me a price on that. No idea what to offer.

I'd be willing to collect of course. Or arrange for the delivery.

The two cards, you'd get about 50 upwards for them each.

Also just had a quick look the Access Beyond VCX 250 does seem to be a switch of sorts, not a whole lot of info out there on it.

Sure let me know :)

Hi Bob Bot,

I have taken your advice and stuck all the gear up over on adverts.

Heres the link

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=20528

We can talk about it over there if you like.

Advertisement