Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash not recognising PHP file? Please help i'm going mad!

Options
  • 28-03-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I've created a simple point and click game using Flash 8 Pro, it uses PHP and MYSQL. The user registers and then logs in on the main screen. They can also save, I'm pretty sure the php code is fine.

The problem is - when i click my 'register' button on the main page i keep getting a 'Error opening URL' error. I get this immediatley, theres no pauses, it doesnt even get to thestage where it tries the mysql query I'd say, its just a basic thing going wrong, but i dont know what!

The error given is : 'Error opening URL "file:///C|/Program%20Files/Apache%20Group/Apache2/htdocs/Register.php?RegName=fghf&165" '

I'm pretty sure PHP is installed ok, the test.php page show up fine. it's Flash that doesn't find or recognise the php file for some reason...

The code linking to register.php is behind that button, I've put all my files in the same folder as localhost is. This is probably a very basic obvious error (I hope), can someone please help me?

I followed the tutorial here http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/hill20011214.php3?page=1 when making it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Den_M wrote:
    I've created a simple point and click game using Flash 8 Pro, it uses PHP and MYSQL. The user registers and then logs in on the main screen. They can also save, I'm pretty sure the php code is fine.

The problem is - when i click my 'register' button on the main page i keep getting a 'Error opening URL' error. I get this immediatley, theres no pauses, it doesnt even get to thestage where it tries the mysql query I'd say, its just a basic thing going wrong, but i dont know what!

The error given is : 'Error opening URL "file:///C|/Program%20Files/Apache%20Group/Apache2/htdocs/Register.php?RegName=fghf&165" '

I'm pretty sure PHP is installed ok, the test.php page show up fine. it's Flash that doesn't find or recognise the php file for some reason...

The code linking to register.php is behind that button, I've put all my files in the same folder as localhost is. This is probably a very basic obvious error (I hope), can someone please help me?

I followed the tutorial here http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/hill20011214.php3?page=1 when making it

didn't check out the tutorial you linked to .. but with flash you are linking to a file in your home pc ... you should probably be linking to http://localhost/register...

as I can't remember if flash can play nicely with the filesystem (depending on security restrictions) ? and if it can ... your php file would just return its code anyways

Advertisement