Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to move to a different server to the one im on

Options
  • 28-03-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

I know you can pay to have yer character moved.. buit im only a level 5 so i dont mind starting from fresh.. i joined up on a us server (cant remember the name) but i want to move to hellscream server..

my questions are..

1. how do i move
    2. i want to keep my character name, is that possable if i delete my character before moving?
    3. can you have characters on different servers? or do they all have to be on the one server?

cheers.. sorry if these are simple questions but i only started playin and am no pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you're playing on an American server you'll just have to get a European copy of the game before you can play on EU-Hellscream. And you'll have to reroll, there's no inter-region transfers.
    You can have characters on as many servers as you want, up to a maximum of 50 characters total and 10 per server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

If you're playing on an American server you'll just have to get a European copy of the game before you can play on EU-Hellscream. And you'll have to reroll, there's no inter-region transfers.
    You can have characters on as many servers as you want, up to a maximum of 50 characters total and 10 per server.

ahh crap! just when i thought all the installing and updates (2 days of them) were over i have the wrong poxy version of the game :(:( stuff that, i'll just have to stay playing with the yanks so.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

if your only level 5 why dont you just start a new character on a new server?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

DRakE wrote:
    if your only level 5 why dont you just start a new character on a new server?

thats what i want to do... but can i do it with the software i already have?
    can i just delete my char off the us server, and recreate a new char with that same name on a EU server? or do i have to cancel my whole account and go through the whole sign up again on a european site??

btw.. im level 7 now.. (lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You don't need to get a different version of the game. You can just change the ini file that has the logon server details.
    C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\realmlist.wtf
    Edit it in notepad and change the existing line to:
    set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

This does work ok - a mate of mine did it. But you will need to download US patches manually as the logon server will try to install the EU ones.

Another (maybe better) option is to download the whole game from Blizz Europe. Create a new account in Europe (which you'll have to do either way) and then start from scratch.

On another note - if you're starting a new char on a new server you can use the same name. The servers are independent. You can have toons called Macker on 10 different servers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement