Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my kingpin

Options
  • 28-03-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hey guys

im new to skating i I need a bit of help.

The other day I was out skating and after a while my board kept veering off to the right...and not a little bit like it does when its new A LOT.
    I went home and checked evrything.
    the bushins are fine ...the bolt is on straight... everything!

my friend suggests replacing my kingpin... that its bent
    so i took of the problematic truck and tried to remove the kingpin.
    but its almost imbeded into the breastplate.

I googled loads of different keywords trying to find out if its supposed to be like this or how remove it. the closest i got was part of an about dot com article on cleaning your bushings which said " and if you want, you can take your kingpin out of the breastplate and clean that too "

so please someone tell me ...is it supposed to be like this,how can i remove it, do i need a whole new breastplate or truck

thanks
    ciwi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

well if you want to take your breastplate off you might need a surgeon. now ur baseplate ull need a screwdriver. theres a really good one on kingpin so just go to there website. something like sticking it over a candle on two bricks then hammer it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Maybe loosen your truck?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

http://www.bones.com/products/detail.html?s=TCPHB1MDS

Bones hardcored bushings are what I swear by - G1 have them. Loosen your trucks a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ciwi286

thanks guys but hammered it out and checked... it was bent new ones in and im skatin fine

Advertisement