Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food for Work?

• 28-03-2007 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and my new company doesn't have a canteen. It is the first job I have had without a canteen, so I am still getting used to it. I am already sick of sandwiches from the Spar, so I was wondering has anyone any suggestions for quick and easy foods that I can bring in and microwave?

Lasagne, Shepards Pie (although I am not mad about reheated Shepards Pie for some reason), stew, curries, anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Stir fry's, chicken salad, pannini's

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Soup, pot noodles??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I know this is still a sandwich - but I put the makings of a sandwich in my lunchbox and construct it in work.
    Stops the bread getting soggy and I can put what I want in.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

shepherds pie doesnt work reheated because potatos in general dont work reheated. as for ideas, soup, pasta bake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

vegetable pasta bake

Pepper, onions, mushrooms, courgettes, whatever else u fancy with a tin of tomatoes & a spoonful of pesto stirred into cooked pasta (I like the twirls) and baked with grated cheese on top for about 30 mins.

It last for a few days and u can jazz it up with a tin of tuna or a chilli & garlic if u fancy a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BK, MacD's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I feel your pain, OP. I started work in Ballybrack recently. I thought there'd be a nice cafe for lunch, or a smoothie bar. How wrong I was.

I'm kind of lucky as I don't really care if food is hot or not. So I just make stir-fry & rice, or spaghetti and veg, and bring that in a couple of lunch boxes.

I'd take a serious pay cut though, just to have access to a gourmet sandwich and juice bar. Life's hard enough without having to make a lunch every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - I originally posted this in the Food & Drink web resources thread...

Have a look at http://www.cookingcute.com/. It is about "Bento" & may be useful for those wishing to liven up their packed lunches.

Bento, or o-bento, refers to a packaged, single-portion, portable meal that is usually eaten at lunch. I've not tried any of the recipes, but they seem very easy to follow & appear appetising.

Advertisement