Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless in Celbridge

Options
  • 28-03-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone have experience of using irish broadband ripwave in celbridge? A friend of mine has just got 2nd modem,after the 1st didnt get a signalk they sent a 2nd ,still no signal ,also have tried in lucan ,still no signal ? customer service said go upstaits etc walk around the house backwards etc !! seems like a lost cause? does anyone know of a wireless rpovider that might actually do what it says it does? (My friend is living in castletown estate.) :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Ahhhmmm, there is Ice communications...but I cannot recommmend them (used them in celbridge up to last Jan, they were great for ~ 1 year but then last Nov went to complete sh*&e)...look them up on previous threads or see if any of your neighbours has them (ariel with square thingy on top)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

I use ripwave in Celbridge and I usually get 2-300kbps download speeds from speedtest.ie but the uploads are bad, 2k on a bad to 70k on a good day.

So it's ok for casual surfing.

Also it only works from one window sill in the house (pointing noth east I think). When looking for a signal leave the unit for a minute or two to register, etc.

Depending on where you live, Digiweb Metro may be available. It's not on their website but is served from Maynooth - give them a ring.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

I have Digiweb Metro in Leixlip. I'd definitely recommend it. The speeds are way, way better than quoted above for IBB.

Give Digiweb a call and see and they'll tell you from your street address if you're likely to be able to get it. If you subsequently order, they'll then come out and do a signal test and, if it passes, they will install it there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

Thanks for reply, I think they have given up on wireless and ordered the regular BB :cool:

Advertisement