Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions Predictions Predictions

• 28-03-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

wm_728x90.jpg
    WWE Title Match
    John Cena -vs- Shawn Michaels
    For me, this one can go either way, my heart says Michaels but my head says Cena. The winner aside, I think this promises to be a great match with a lot of crowd heat. It should be the match of the night. For the sake of it, I'll go for Shawn to win. (And they better play "Sexy Boy" instead of the DX song if he does.)

World Heavyweight Title, "Title -vs- Streak" Match
    Batista -vs- Undertaker
    Hopefully this will be short and sweet. It's not going to be a good match, there is only so far the Undertaker can carry dead weight. A match similar to JBL vs Cena at WM 21 would do me nicely. Taker to win. I put my life on it.

"Battle of the Billionaires" - Special Guest Referee: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
    Bobby Lashley with Donald Trump -vs- Umaga with Vince McMahon
    I think Lashley has been built up too strong in the last few months to lose this one. I also think Trump is only involved in it for publicity. McMahon definitely seems more the kind of personality to shave his head on live TV. He has shown in years gone by that he is willing to publicly embarrass himself for the good of the product, and I can't see this being any different.

"Money In The Bank III" Ladder Match
    Edge -vs- CM Punk -vs- King Booker -vs- Jeff Hardy -vs- Mr. Kennedy -vs- Matt Hardy -vs- Finlay -vs- Randy Orton
    This really intrigues me. Obviously everyone wants Punk to win, but he won't, it's either going to be Orton, Edge or Kennedy, I just don't for the life of me know who. I said before that Kennedy would win and go to ECW (he's fought Lashley a good bit recently, so that makes more sense than going to Raw.) He could stay and challenge Undertaker I suppose, but I doubt it. Then again, Edge could win and challenge the Taker that night. It's all very interesting, but I'm going to go with Kennedy.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Sabu, The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer) -vs- The New Breed (Matt Striker, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, & Kevin Thorn)
    (Piss break no. 1) New Breed are going to win. I can't see any of the originals, apart from Dreamer, and maybe RVD, staying in WWE after this. If it's extreme rules it might be good (for Sabu's botched spot), if not, it will be a stinker.

WWE United States Title Match
    Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    Benoit has to win. I'll be sick otherwise.

Singles Match
    Kane -vs- The Great Khali
    (Piss break no. 2) Kane has a big fish hook, my money is on him.

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    (Piss break no. 3) Melina, just cos she's better.

That's only 8 matches...go on WWE, throw in a London/Kendrick title defence, or Chavo against someone, please, this card needs another highlight, badly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WWE Title Match

This is a tough one to call. I see Cena winning this one and to be honest I think he needs it more. I expect this will be the match of the evening and that Michaels will give Cena the match of his life.

Batista -vs- Undertaker

I reckon it can be a good match as Taker has pulled decent matches out of bad big men in the past. I think the crowd heat alone will make this worth watching and the fans will definitely be on the side of the Undertaker. Dead man to win here and make it 15-0.

Definitely Lashley to win. The crowd reaction for this one will be interesting. Will they turn on Lashley since Umaga is a better worker? Wrestlemania fans tend to be smart. Nonetheless we're going to have a bald Vinny. I just hope Brutus the Barber Beefcake shows up!

Edge -vs- CM Punk -vs- King Booker -vs- Jeff Hardy -vs- Mr. Kennedy -vs- Matt Hardy -vs- Finlay -vs- Randy Orton

I think it would be a real shame if Edge's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania ended through this match. I want Edge to win and cash it in later on in the show. I suggested that a few weeks back and I reckon it would blow the roof off the place.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Sabu, The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer) -vs- The New Breed (Matt Striker, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, & Kevin Thorn)

Wait for the TNA chants when Cor Von hits the ring. :D Will Punk turn on the originals I wonder? Doubtful. I reckon the New Breed will win. This match ought to be extreme rules.

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP

I've heard talk of Benoit switching to Raw in the future but I reckon Benoit will win. This is a great opportunity for MVP to show he can be a future star since he's in the ring with a master so I hope he makes the most of it.

Singles Match

Ugh this could be really ugly. I think Khali will win as they don't seem as keen on Kane as they are on Khali.

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley

Really should be Melina since Ashley is very poor.
    Double C wrote:
    That's only 8 matches...go on WWE, throw in a London/Kendrick title defence, or Chavo against someone, please, this card needs another highlight, badly.

My wish is for K-Fed to come down at some point in the show. Rip on Britney and say Donald will become as bald as her and then for him to be cut off by the music that we all love - "If you smelll....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

MONSTERS
    Khali
    USA
    MVP
    ECW-OLD V NEW
    New breed
    WOMEN
    Melina
    MONEY / BANK
    Matt Hardy
    BALD MATCH
    Lashley
    W H C
    Taker
    WWE
    Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Haha never thought of Brutus turning up, that would be hilarious!
    The thing about Edge's streak, if he doesn't win an 8 man ladder match, does that really count as a loss? I know it ends his 100% record but he still has the never been pinned or submitted thing going. It would take away from the prestige of his streak though. Maybe the short card is allowing for another match, being Edge vs Undertaker. Well, if Cena/Michaels is on before Taker/Dave, it's going to happen! It would be cool if this happened and Taker made it 16-0....you never know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE Title Match
    Could really go either way, but my money's on Cena. I feel that he needs it more than HBK does. Simple as that really. Should be a very good match

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    I'm not going to consider Batista winning. He doesn't deserve it, and the crowd should be interesting for this

Well, Vince is getting his head shaved. So Lashley will win. But I can see the crowd being split. Some people just don't like Lashley, and others might want to see "their man" Vince win rather than a wrestling outsider such as Trump. But Austin will be able to get heat back on Umaga, as he'll be the most over on the show probably

Hardest match to call. Any of them are believable as title challengers, but moreso the heels. Seeing as we'll have three face champs after WM (barring any turns), it makes sense for a heel to win. Edge and Kennedy are the only ones who I could see winning the belt this year though. I said Edge a while ago, and I'll stick with him. He hasn't wrestled since he qualified for the match though, so you'd wonder if his injury is that serious. I can see the New Breed coming to Punk's aid, only for Jeff to jump off a ladder onto them

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    New Breed need it more, they'll get it. I was impressed with Burke this week on ECW, never really seen him in a competitive match before. Him and Cor Von are probably the ones with the brightest future in WWE. I can't see Sabu sticking around til the summer, or Sandman, so why should they win?

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    I'm going to say MVP for the win. I just have that feeling. Benoit should be moved up the card I think

Singles Match
    Kane to win after some weapons are used. I could see some interference in this match, maybe from someone debuting, or Flair or Carlito maybe. Or Snitsky

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    Melina to retain. Hopefully she'll move onto better things with Mickie James then

A tag team gauntlet match has been heavily rumoured as a dark match, so I could see them adding on a CW title match. Flair and Carlito vs Kendrick and London might have been good though, or Johnny Nitro vs someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Double C wrote:
    [.

I think your right in that the card needs another highlight.

In saying that I can see why they have reduced the amount of matches on the card compared to last year. First off, its a stadium Wrestlemania and the entrances alone could add 15 minutes to it. Secondly, I think we might be seeing plenty of Vince antics with the head shave which will add time. Finally, last year with 11 matches ran out of time and they had to cut some really important matches short so maybe they are trying to protect against that.

Cena V HBK- Cena
    Batita v 'taker- 'Taker
    Hair Match- Lashley
    Kane v Khali- Khali
    MITB- Kennedy
    Ashley v Melina- Melina
    ECW 6 man- The new breed
    Benoit v MVP- Benoit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think they will add Chavo versus Jimmy Wang Yang or London/Kendrick versus some team (hopefully Regal and Taylor) those matches could be very good.

I'll post my predictions in a day or two, i'm still not ready to bank on anyone yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

WWE Title - Cena over HBK
    WCW Title - Taker over Batista
    WWE Title Shot - Edge
    US Title - MVP over Benoit
    Hair vs Hair - Bobby Whathisface over Umaga
    WWECW - New Breed over Originals
    Khali over Kane
    WWE Womens Title - Melina over Ashley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spiron

WWE Title Match
    Sadly, I see Cena winning this match. It does have potential to be the match of the night, but I feel the MITB ladder match will steal the show. BAck to MITB, I'd say Cena will win his match with HBK, but straight afterthe match, MITB winner, Randy Orton, will come out and invoke his contract, and gain the WWE title.

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    To put it nicely, if Batista wins, we riot. Taker all he way.

Trump will win, but nobody's getting their head shaved.

This is a match to look foward to. Mark my word. Highspots galore, and wrestling ability all around. My bet is Randy Orton, and you'll soon find out why (Seee HBK v Cena).

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    **** sake, piss break once again. Hopefully a quick pin here, but to pick someone? The Originals.

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    Now, here is a match that interests me. MVP has the ability to make this a high profile match, a probably one of the best match's of the night. Some people may say that Benoit will have to carry MVP through the match....thats bull. MVP is more than capable, and I feel he could be take the US title home. I say MVP.

Singles Match
    Jesus, I hope I'm drinking alot at the start of this event, otherwise, I'm going to have o find something else to do during this match. I hope the 'E put something in between this and the womans match, hopefully a crusierweight title defense. My moneys on Khali.

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    Ugh, a piss break at the start of 'Mania? This doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I can see Ashley picking up the strap.

Spiron wrote:
    Trump will win, but nobody's getting their head shaved.

There's absolutely no way Vince would be stupid enough to not have a head shaved. This match has gotten WWE a lot more mainstream media attention than anything they've done recently, and a lot of the media is already sceptical as to whether anyone will get shaved. If Vince goes with no one being shaved, it'll prove these sceptics right and give them yet another reason to bash wrestling. With all this attention, I'm absolutely certainthat Vince knows there has to be a payoff. It would make Austin look stupid too if no one got shaved. Bottom line - there'll be a head shaved!

Just to throw another name into the mix of guys I mentioned as maybe interfering in the Kane vs Khali match: Mark Henry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

WWE Title Match
    Definitely Cena imho. Shawn got the Kodak Raw moment when he laid out Cena on RAW which by WWE booking indicates that Cena will get the win at Mania. Plus I think the World Title is definitely switching and I don`t think they wanna switch both titles on the same show.

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    Like I said, Taker is definitely going over here for me. I think they will end the show with this match and go our with the deadman extending his streak

Obviously Lashley is a lock for this. But don`t hold your breath for Brutus Beefcake to show up... remember this is the bosses hair being cut, not some jobber... Do you think Vince is going to entrust Beefcake to do it? Nah me neither! And esp since he is on bad terms with Hogan at the moment.

Yeah tough one to call here... For me it comes down to Kennedy and Edge and I have to go with Mr. Kennedy. I think a heel has to win this with the face wins in the three main events. I think a Kennedy/ Taker feud is more likely than a Cena/ Edge feud because that has already been done to death.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    New Breed all the way... Take one last look at Sandman and Sabu, you might not see them very much for a long time!

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    As annoying as it is, MVP goes over here for me. There is no benefit in Benoit winning. He has already tapped on RAW in the build up to Mania and can lose here without losing too much momentum if a high profile switch to RAW is in the pipelines. And MVP is a much better fit as US champion and can get a rub from the Benoit victory and the belt.

Singles Match
    Khali to win an abomination of a match. He has to go over to maintain his credibility.

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    Ashley here for the win. She is the Playboy centrefold, she gets the rub!

Has the makings of at least half a good 'Mania!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    There's absolutely no way Vince would be stupid enough to not have a head shaved. This match has gotten WWE a lot more mainstream media attention than anything they've done recently, and a lot of the media is already sceptical as to whether anyone will get shaved. If Vince goes with no one being shaved, it'll prove these sceptics right and give them yet another reason to bash wrestling. With all this attention, I'm absolutely certainthat Vince knows there has to be a payoff. It would make Austin look stupid too if no one got shaved. Bottom line - there'll be a head shaved!

I agree completely... Vince is definitely getting his head shaved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

WWE Title Match

I'll go with Micheals for this and then something happens and he gets screwed out of it.

Batista -vs- Undertaker

Undertaker for one last major push before he retires

Trump (Lashely) to win but its a fluke or a fastcount and Vinne mac protests about getting his haircut cause he was screwed and then Austincuts it for him and vinne puts Umaga in matches against the great kahli and other "unstoppable" people.

I'll say Jeff to win this i reckon its why he lost the Intercontinental.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match

Ehm... The originals to win with Terry Funk coming out with Mick Foley to spice it up.

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP

MVP for his push and Benoit to go face the Undertaker at the next PPV.

Singles Match

Ehm....Khali he is "unstoppable"...... aparently

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley

Melina.

Is their a draft after Mania if not I can see one happening.

Man, Jeff lost the IC title to make Umaga look strong going into WM. Did you see that match? Jeff got squashed horribly. Both the Hardys will be taken out in a big nasty bump. They are complete makeweights in this match imo.
    I do like the idea of Funk and Foley getting involved, it might brighten up that match a little!

Well, Foley's been sayin for a few weeks that he'll be on the Raw after WM to announce something big. I have a feeling that it won't have anything to do with what happened at WM

Fozzy wrote:
    Well, Foley's been sayin for a few weeks that he'll be on the Raw after WM to announce something big. I have a feeling that it won't have anything to do with what happened at WM

Well I think he has actually been saying that he proposed something big for the RAW after Mania but whether or not they will do that is another question entirely! Sounds promising though!

He also said he had a great idea to get Ashley over that he proposed but that doesn`t seem to have been adopted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

WWE Title Match
    I'll go for Cena here, and it'll be a great match.

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    Undertaker to take the win, I would hate to see the streak pissed away for batista.

It has to be lashley. Just because I don't see Trump shaving his head, and it gives mcmahon a reason to feud with Lashley for the next few months.

There's really nobody there that I wouldn't mind winning, but I reckon orton and edge will take each other out of it, because there's so few faces in the match, I'm tempted to say Punk or one of the Hardy's .... but in the end I'll go with Kennedy. Hopefully a good 15 - 20 minute match at least.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    New Breed to win it, Cor von to get the pin.

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    MVP to not only win, but to show some great skills doing it.

Singles Match
    Kane to win.

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    Ashley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Apparently there's a video doing the rounds on the net of takers new ECW entrance music, which if legit, makes me very worried for wrestlemania....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

WWE Title Match
    I was going to say that Cena will pull this one off but something makes me want to say Micheals so i'm going with him although i don't think he could carry the title for that long. Match should be great though.

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    Taker Taker Taker Taker Taker Taker Taker Taker Taker Taker TAKER!
    If only the match could be someone else versus Taker.

Another match with limited wrestlers. Although Austin should keep me interested. McMahon to be shaved.

I'd like to say Edge but i wonder why he hasn't been wrestling for a bit(although i may just be some weird story line) so i think he may be injured. The other is Mr Kennedy and i think he deserves a title shot. Either of those two with an outside chance of Orton. Although would be funny if it were someone else. The match should be brilliant though.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    New Breed will probably win by cheating. Can't see the match being much good either.

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    Dont watch SD so i dont really care about this one. I'd say Benoit cause i hardly know the other guy.

Singles Match
    I'd say the Great Khali should win the match cause i think Kane is due to retire soon so he doesn't need a win. Although neither does Khali. Probably the worst match of the night aswell.

Women's Title Match lumber jill match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    wonder why it was made a lumber jill match. Probably because WWE realized neither women could carry a match. Melina to win. Probably a top will come off or something too.

I give the card a 6/10 for potential for putting on a very memorable WrestleMania. Could do with one more match though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

Cena V HBK- HBK
    Batita v 'taker- 'Taker
    Hair Match- Lashley
    Kane v Khali- Kane
    MITB- Kennedy
    Ashley v Melina- Melina
    ECW 6 man- originals
    Benoit v MVP- Benoit

Stalfos wrote:

I'd like to say Edge but i wonder why he hasn't been wrestling for a bit(although i may just be some weird story line) so i think he may be injured.

yeah your right... edge had a broken jaw after a match with RVD (surprise, surprise!) a few weeks ago and that is why he hasn`t been wrestling. at least I think it was a broken jaw? open to correction there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Ashley vs Melina - Ashley
    Kane vs Khali - Kane
    Umaga vs Lashley - Lashley
    ECW vs New Breed - New Breed
    Jeff vs Matt vs Booker T vs Edge vs Orton vs Finlay vs Punk vs Kennedy - Kennedy
    Taker vs Batista - Taker by DQ
    HBK vs Cena - HBK
    MVP vs Benoit - MVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

WWE Title Match
    This one is going to be the match of the night also the mainevent of the evening.
    Like someone else said,Shawn is gonna give Cena the match of his life.
    My heart wants Shawn to walk away with the title one more time.However I really don't know what WWE have in store for the outcome of this one.Its gonna be a "slobberknocker" for sure;)

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    Animal vs Streak............
    The deadmans streak surely cannot come to an end,especially when its currently 14-0 and this is probably one of his last WM's ever.
    What makes this interesting though are the rumours of posters for Backlash showing Batista as the Champ.
    One things for sure,if Taker loses to Batista, theres gonna be mayhem in Fortfield and on the net.
    I expect the match to me short and solid on the deadmans part.

I see Mcmahon walking away bald from this.With all the attention put onto this match I do expect ALOT of drama and a stunner for everyone involved;)

Although highly unlikely,does anyone think that Vinnie Jones could make an appearance somewhere in this match.He did show up at No way out and started to trash talk Stone Cold.Although if he was to show up,it would take alot of attention away from Hair vs Hair stipulation

This one is also another very interesting one.One of three people is going to win-Edge,Keneddy or Orton.I would love to see CM punk win but its not gonna happen.
    My pick therefore is Randy Orton but with 3 possible winners who knows?
    Also it has been suggested that if Edge wins,he will pop up after the undertaker's match and beat him when he beats Batista and WWE will somehow say that Takers winning streak at WM still hasn't been broken:mad:
    Still im looking forward to this one and with the Hardy's involved and the match being at WM,theres guaranteed to be a few big bumps

Eight-Man Tag Team Match

My money is on the ECW originals winning this one...on the other hand,I dont really care

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP
    Benoit to successfully defend his title and to give MVP one hell of a wrestling match

Singles Match
    Kane to win this one.This is going to be the match that ends up in the carpark,locker rooms etc.

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    I want melina to win...shes a better wrestler FULLSTOP.

With only 8 matches this is a short WM card.Having said that,there are supposed to be 2 live performances and huge buildups to at least 3 of the 8 matches on the card.All in all,I think that this is going to be a good WM and I cant wait to see Shawn in the WM main event one more time to give us something that we will never forget.

ps Pity the natureboy isn't anywhere on the card

So, what does everyone think the main-eventers will dress up as this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Fozzy wrote:
    So, what does everyone think the main-eventers will dress up as this year?

well one thing is for certain---cena will not coming out with a load of bad guys shooting guns like last year, that was stupid.

I reckon shawn's theme will be DX. I am sure Hunter will have a speech or he may even show. up

Cena i reckon will have video footage of all the guys shawn back stabbed in the past talking and wishing cena good luck.

I wonder will the RAW main event be a longer match than the SD main event. like last year.

triple h wrote:
    I wonder will the RAW main event be a longer match than the SD main event. like last year.

Batista and taker are said to have been annoyed that their match wasnt the last match of the evening and Batista has guaranteed a match that will be remembered for years to come.
    Having said that,I dont think that it will top the Cena and HBK match which is scheduled to be the last match of the night and HBK has a history of having long matches whenever he has been a part of wrestlemania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

fatal wrote:
    Batista and taker are said to have been annoyed that their match wasnt the last match of the evening and Batista has guaranteed a match that will be remembered for years to come.
    Having said that,I dont think that it will top the Cena and HBK match which is scheduled to be the last match of the night and HBK has a history of having long matches whenever he has been a part of wrestlemania

I wanted Batista/Taker to close the show too and I remember JR saying he wanted that as well on his blog. But someone on here made the point, I think it was Vince, that you need your best match to finish the show. I remember WM 18 when HHH and Jericho had the impossible task of following Rock and Hogan.

I think if Batista had upped his game over the last few weeks that match would close the show but they're too scared to entrust him with the main event now.

At least with Cena and Michaels you know that they will be able to live up to the hype but Batista has been a flop during his title reign. I feel bad for Undertaker. He won the Rumble and he's been awesome and yet he misses out on the main event.

triple h wrote:
    well one thing is for certain---cena will not coming out with a load of bad guys shooting guns like last year, that was stupid.

I reckon shawn's theme will be DX. I am sure Hunter will have a speech or he may even show. up

Cena i reckon will have video footage of all the guys shawn back stabbed in the past talking and wishing cena good luck.

I preferred Cena's entrance last year to Triple H's, at least Cena's was cool with the Godfather kinda style it had, which is also a style I'm incorporating for a fancy dress party tonite! If only I could get CM Punk there with a few tommy guns, t'would be awesome! HHH last year just looked stupid.
    It would be so cool if they got Marty Jannetty and Kevin Nash to be there, with Nash telling Jannetty to "shut the front door!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE Title Match

In two minds about this but I think it will end with Cena retaining the belt….supposed to be the final match too so I can’t wait to see how the crowd reacts.

Batista -vs- Undertaker

I can’t see someone like Batista ending Takers WM streak! Dead man for the win. Should be a good match.

Lashley to win…I can’t see Trump getting his comb over shaved off.

Don’t want to see Edge’s WM undefeated streak end so soon, but the fact that is isn’t 100% may see that being the case! Unless the whole Edge outside the ring…someone else thinks they have won and Edge comes in and picks up the win, put I think they have done that enough times. Gonna be either Edge or Kennedy!

Isn’t this Punk’s second WM…afterall he was dressed as one of Cena’s mob last year ;)

Eight-Man Tag Team Match

New Breed to win and carrying this feud on for another while I’d say.

Chris Benoit .VS. MVP

MVP to win. Since the rumours are that Benoit is going to Raw I can see him dropping the title…..wish is was to someone else though :/

Singles Match

Khali

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley

Melina to win….If Ashley wins I will never watch another womens match broadcasted by WWE again! Ashley doesn’t deserve a spot to wrestle for the womens title at WM…why not give it to someone more worthy…Victoria, Mickie, Jillian!!! (-mini rant over-)

Hopefully London & Kendrick will have some sort of match…WWE don’t really seem to care about the record they have set, never heard them even mention on SD! Heard they might be involved in a dark match alright, that would be an extra on the DVD…typical

WWE Title Match

Hopefully London & Kendrick will have some sort of match…WWE don’t really seem to care about the record they have set, never heard them even mention on SD! Heard they might be involved in a dark match alright, that would be an extra on the DVD…typical

the tag team division on both raw and smackdown is a joke at the moment.
    Come to think about it,Cryme time still havent gotten that promised title shot that was announced a couple of months ago......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

But shur didn't another tag team (could have been Cade & Murdoch or Benjamin/Haas) win a match before Cryme Time, being guarenteed a shot at the titles too...really is a joke at the moment

SD have no-one, Idols and James are gone back to OVW cos one of them was injured for a while, Deuce and Domino lost to two jobbers in a dark match on SD this week!! There isn't anyone else around that I can think of, especially now with Mercury gone...that's MNM gone! I can't see them using the Hardys

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley

Melina to win….If Ashley wins I will never watch another womens match broadcasted by WWE again! Ashley doesn’t deserve a spot to wrestle for the womens title at WM…why not give it to someone more worthy…Victoria, Mickie, Jillian!!! (-mini rant over-)

Just watch Shimmer instead ;)
    Anything where Dave Prazak is the main man involved has gotta be good, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Dave Meltzer preview of Wrestlemania from the Saturday news update, spolier tagged just in case:
    --Some notes from Wrestlemania:
    1) Melina vs. Ashley - This match was originally designed to give Ashley the best heel for her to go over in her title win. The problem is, Ashley hasn't connected and she's not really ready as a wrestler. Melina, while not polished as a wrestler, is significantly better in both categories as well as more charismatic. But she's also a heat magnet.

2) Khali vs. Kane - Kane has a bad knee that may require some time off. If that's the case, this should be the injury angle match. Can Khali pull off something as simple as injuring Kane's knee?

3) ECW Originals vs. New Breed - One would favor the New Breed here, since they are the ones who are thought of as having a future. Elijah Burke seems to be the one focused on the most, as noted by his getting a gig last night on ESPN boxing

4) Chris Benoit vs. MVP - If Benoit is going to Raw, which was talked about several weeks ago, then MVP goes over for sure. If not, MVP probably still will be favored to go over here. Technically, because of Benoit, it will be good. A big question is the crowd energy, because when you have 70,000 people at a show, there is a tendency for a lot of them to only respond to big names, as opposed to good wrestling. That could handicap a match like this.

5) Money in the Bank ladder match - Good shot at being the show stealer, so let's look at the eight guys
    Edge - Best all-around performer in the company right now and most internally are fully aware of that. Because of that, and his unbeaten Wrestlemania streak, he should be a good possibility to win. The negative is he's won it before and it'll seem like a repeated storyline. An expert in ladder matches, but we don't know where he stands physically after five weeks off.
    Randy Orton - The chosen won who never quite made it to the level expected. He's got star tenure, and in that sense seems like a possibility to win
    Matt Hardy - One of the most experienced in ladder matches. Will help make this a great match. Will he win? C'mon, Matt Hardy will make a career legacy out of always getting a crowd pop and never getting a push.
    Jeff Hardy - Hopefully whatever he has in mind that is insane for this match, he won't get hurt doing. Probably no chance of winning.
    C.M. Punk - Biggest match of his career so he will probably take some crazy bumps. Very little chance of winning.
    Mr. Kennedy - Has been working with Punk on ideas since this is also his biggest match of his career. He's the guy the company is the highest on that has not already reached the level of Edge or Orton. Because of that, he may be the favorite.
    King Booker - If his rep for working up to, or down to, the level of his opponent is reached, then this may be one of the great performances of his career. He's a top heel and the Money in the Bank deal would fit his character well. But I don't see him as a favorite
    Fit Finlay - After roughly 30 years in the business, this is actually the biggest match, by far, of his career. A good ring general to hold things together, but I don't see much of a chance of his number being called.

6) Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga - Whatever number above maybe 625,000 PPV buys domestically will be sold based on the value of Vince McMahon's hair vs. Donald Trump's hair. That's what makes figuring out how well this show will do a tough proposition because this is uncharted waters. If you need a hint, on Tuesday's ECW show, they are advertising that "A bald billionaire" shows up. Donald Trump is not doing ECW on Tuesday night. I expect lots of interference here. They have to build to one spot where Trump slugs McMahon. Given the future direction, don't rule out a surprise cameo at the finish by Rey Mysterio, costing the boss his hair as retribution to the beatdown in San Diego. Nobody has told me that one, but it's the best idea based on the current long-term plans.

7) Undertaker vs. Batista - As noted many times, when this match was originally booked in late 2006, the idea was for Batista to win cleanly. A lot has changed since then. Batista says they are going to steal the show and compared it with Savage vs. Steamboat in 1987. Obviously they are going to do a lot of blood and use a lot of props, because in a straight wrestling match, they have no chance at that level. Undertaker is the heavy favorite here since so many have soured on Batista. The only possibility for Batista is in conjunction with a major heel turn. And no matter what, he is expected to be the heel for the night.

8) John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels - When was the last time Shawn Michaels had a bad match at Wrestlemania? There are few things that you can't count on more when it comes to Mania is that Michaels will have a great match, and if he loses, will whine about it incessantly before and after. Hell, sometimes even if he wins. The most interesting part of the story here will be the crowd. Will you have the Toronto crowd be enough to boo Michaels? With 70,000 people, will enough be kids to where they'll drown out the boos for Cena. We know that if this was an 18,000 seat arena, that Cena's being booed out of the place. But what about the other 52,000 fans, most of whom are going to see "Wrestlemania" and likely never attend live shows? They are the ones who are going to make the difference. Either way, I expect an awesome atmosphere and a great match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Double C wrote:
    I do like the idea of Funk and Foley getting involved, it might brighten up that match a little!
    I know I was thinking from the off that Foley would get involved and as I was typing it out for whatever reason Funk came into my head a complete throw in the dark but hey as you said it would make it more exciting if it did happen.

P.S. I didnt see Umaga beating Jeff. I just heard about it and thought it had something to do with this. I know it was to make Umaga look like a monster but what was the point in giving what WWE consider a main eventer the I.C title I know Jericho got it for a while but that was when the WWF had a great mid card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

WWE Title Match
    HHMMM, hard to know. I really want Michaels to win. This could go either way but i want Cena to lose the title & turn heel.
    Verdict: Shawn Michaels

Batista -vs- Undertaker
    If Batista wins, we riot. If Batista wins, I will bombard WWE with phone calls, e-mails, mail etc.
    Verdict: The Undertaker......OR ELSE:D

Couldn't care less about this match!
    Verdict: DQ

This match will steal the show!! Especially with BOTH Hardys there. Many good people to choose from. I'll go for either Orton or Kennedy. Don't think Edge will win sice he won before.
    Verdict: Orton/Kennedy

Eight-Man Tag Team Match
    Why can't this be Extreme Rules?!?!?! It would be much more interesting & less of a piss break!
    Verdict: The Originals

Chris Benoit -vs- MVP
    Hard to know. It should be a good match between a veteran & newcomer.
    Verdict: Chris Benoit

Singles Match
    Could be brutal (violent-wise) or could be just plain old ****
    Verdict: Kane, because of his hook

Women's Title Match
    Melina -vs- Ashley
    Do any of them REALLY deserve to be the Womens Champ?? Why not put Victoria in it & make it A triple threat.
    Verdict: Ashley (don't ask me why)

Wheres London & Kendrick??? Regal??? Taylor??? Chavo??:mad:

There was a load of rumours about a tag-team battle royal off-air before WM, but the last I heard is that they'll have a 20 man battle royal. It was during a match like that two years ago that Booker first broke the Masterlock

• Advertisement
Advertisement