Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Req: Central heating control panel

Options
  • 28-03-2007 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Folks

Any help appreciated.

I have an approx 5 year old Danfoss Central heating control panel (FP715). Until recently there was no problem having the heating and hot water coming on automatically (i.e. both 'on' lights came on fine).

Recently however both 'on' lights flash rapidly when the timer kicks in for both of them to come on and only if we turn off one can we get the other to work.

Could be that the control panel is shagged but we have also heard that this is a good piece of kit that is not prone to failure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

kenco wrote:
    Folks

Any help appreciated.

I have an approx 5 year old Danfoss Central heating control panel (FP715). Until recently there was no problem having the heating and hot water coming on automatically (i.e. both 'on' lights came on fine).

Recently however both 'on' lights flash rapidly when the timer kicks in for both of them to come on and only if we turn off one can we get the other to work.

Could be that the control panel is shagged but we have also heard that this is a good piece of kit that is not prone to failure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    I have seen with similar units that if you disconnect the power completely from them, they will reset and settle down and work OK. Just a chance that it might work.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

JamesM

Thanks for the reply. Tried that out and it appears to have gone to a state where I cant have both on i.e. heat and water. This seems to be a change from the former state where the lights would flicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

kenco wrote:
    JamesM

Thanks for the reply. Tried that out and it appears to have gone to a state where I cant have both on i.e. heat and water. This seems to be a change from the former state where the lights would flicker.
    I just did a search - it is like the one I remember.
    Have you tried the reset button. See Reset on page 1. http://www.danfoss-randall.co.uk/site/downloads/8848.PDF

Jim.

Advertisement