Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Y-fronts or Boxer shorts?

• 28-03-2007 6:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Well brethern..which is it?
    or do you have more,eh,*interesting* taste in kex...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

If any, boxers, as long as they are loose enough to let everything dangle free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

boxers every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

boxers all the way, cant beat the feeling you get when a gust of wind shoots up the leg of ur trousers and tickles your nads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Boxers for sure, feel the breeze. Y-fronts are fine for Mr.Bean but not me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ruu wrote:
    Y-fronts are fine for Mr.Bean but not me. :)

true, i was going to say mr. bean, trainspotters and catholic priests

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Are u serious, i dont think I know any1 under 35 and over 10 that doesnt wear boxers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Have a few pairs of Jockey Y-Front boxers! Very comfy! Boxers tend to stray up my crack! Prefer something a little tighter..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

flanzer wrote:
    Prefer something a little tighter..........

Yeah my woman folk is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Boxers are for me as well. Plenty ventalation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Boxers all the way, and as I mentioned in another thread always go for the darker ones they last longer between washes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Boxers ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Boxers.

Which brings up the delicate matter of colour.

I have various manly colours of boxers, but Mrs. Dunne has the rather unorthodox habit of purchasing, how can I put this, "girly" coloured boxers for me. She even had the audacity to purchase a pink pair, with love hearts.

It is a doubled edged sword, my brothers. On the one hand, we do not condone such colours, on the other hand, these colours have a rather amorous effect and certainly contribute to achieving the weekly lovin' quotient.

What do I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, boxers.

Those feckin why-fronts are ball crushers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Indeed Brothers, it's boxers for me also. As Brother Tom pointed out, when women buy boxers for you there is a tendency to go 'amorous'. I have a pair of red silk boxers bought for me by Mrs. r3nu4l.

Would it be too unmanly of me to suggest that I like the way the silk feels against my skin? No wait...forget I said that brothers, I beseech ye, a moment of weakness is all it was. Oh, for shame! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

tom dunne wrote:
    What do I do?

It's rather simple brother, buy your own...

Like all of you here I'm too lazy to go to the shops and there is no way I would trust any wimmin buying boxers for me (I had the misfortune of getting a white pair for xmas :eek:, they are still in their box - I now look at this box in the same way you would look at the emergency exit key in it's glass protective box when there is a raging fire around you with no other exit) so I buy them online...

This is my store of choice... you will notice the colour selector on the left. All your problems solved here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Boxers all the way brothers, it's been years since I dared to wear the old y fronts. I'd find it hard to believe that even 1 in 10 men would.

Colour is indeed a delicate question... White... not so much, I stick with black or navy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Boxers in a variety of dark colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Cling film for me all the way. Not only does it prevent any (as mentioned in another post) ass leakage and good wet beer farts from staining your clothes, they are also disposable meaning the huge pile of unwashed laundry in the corner grows slightly at a slower rate. Add to that the fact that you save money on underpants which can be then spent on curries. Win win really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

tom dunne wrote:
    Boxers.

Which brings up the delicate matter of colour.

Relax Brother ... all the attributes of a Brother's kex are entirely his own business... be it colour, odour, taste, wrinkles, crustiness or tightness of fit.

It is of no consequence to anyone if a Brother chooses to adorn his second favourite organs with brightly coloured bloomers, be they scented with lavender or the sweet and sour smell of scrotal sweat.

Much like pink shirts, I believe this is not a matter worthy of troubling our digestion. Brothers wear boxers ... boxers may be of any colour or design ... and no Brother shall draw attention to another Brother's kex.

This morning I are mostly wearing boxers with characters from South Park ... next month I may be wearing boxers adorned with nothing but random stains ... and what of it ?

Archeron wrote:
    Cling film for me all the way.

I can clearly see your nuts!

cling film ... clearly see ... g'wan ... i'll get me coat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Archeron wrote:
    Cling film for me all the way. Not only does it prevent any (as mentioned in another post) ass leakage and good wet beer farts from staining your clothes, they are also disposable meaning the huge pile of unwashed laundry in the corner grows slightly at a slower rate. Add to that the fact that you save money on underpants which can be then spent on curries. Win win really.

Surely that would lead to the sweaty ass and chaffy cheak syndrome :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Boxers here, if any!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

What about those boxer Y-fronts hybrids? They look like boxers but have the same support as Y-fronts. Some us have rather large trouser snakes to contend with so loose fitting boxers are just out of the question.

You mean jockey shorts? I hear chix dig 'em...

2 year old black boxers for me personally, everyday. Last time I wore whitefronts I was soiling them, oh the memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Hmmmmm looks like i'm the only one here that goes commando..... Neither boxer nor Y-front hinder my tackle! Hangs long loose and ready for use, (if i can be arsed that is and she doesn't have a "head ache"). Or the free passage of any gaseous emissions either for that matter. I'd hate for anyone standing within a 500 metre radius to miss out on the full effect of that satisfying aroma. Mmmmmmmm everyone loves there own brand!:cool:

Obviously its boxers for me... but lets not forget y-fronts are the underpant of choice for nearly all of our heroes:

Homer Simpson
    Al Bundy
    Richard Riachad III
    Rab C Nesbit
    Peter Griffin... I'm sure I could go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Boxers all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Y Fronts here like it all kept in check not flying free

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

plonk wrote:
    Are u serious, i dont think I know any1 under 35 and over 10 that doesnt wear boxers.

As an over-35 I would like to point out that boxers aren't just for you young 'uns, we wear them too.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote:
    Well brethern..which is it? or do you have more,eh,*interesting* taste in kex...

ummm ... what if sometimes, not often mind, maybe just in the heat of teh moment, inflamed by passion, you wear your wife's kex ? how would that be viewed Brothers :confused:

i should add i'm not asking for myself ... it's for a friend of mine who was just wondering *kof*

my own wife rarely wears kex at all, so that rules me out!

trout wrote:
    ummm ... what if sometimes, not often mind, maybe just in the heat of teh moment, inflamed by passion, you wear your wife's kex ? how would that be viewed Brothers :confused:

Dimly, Brother trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

zaph wrote:
    As an over-35 I would like to point out that boxers aren't just for you young 'uns, we wear them too.

Im not saying everyone over or under them ages wear y-fronts im just saying that no-one in that range does.

Oh and bunny kelly do forget about Rik Mayell?? in bottom

His character is Richard (Richie) Richard III ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

So I was in the gym this evening (bare with me brothers!) and I had a pretty ripped pair of boxers on, cause I had just done the washing and I didn't have any others. So I was doing deep squats, and when I got home I realised that the left side of the boxers had ripped in two, from bottom outside of the leg to the elastic. So in the interests of symmetry I ripped the otherside. The result was quite interesting-a kind of modern tarzan type thingy. very breezy and nice-one to wear around the house methinks.

(I'm sorry that Iwas in the gym, in my heart I have a beer belly, but I'm 21, teh wimmen don't like that sh!t, and I'm already in a drought. Forgive me!)

Clearly brother briandthebard, you have missed your calling in men's fashion. I hear Marks & Spencers are hiring?

• Advertisement

Yeah and while you're at it you could make yourself...

...a big girl's blouse you sissy!!

So I was in the gym this evening (bare with me brothers!) and I had a pretty ripped pair of boxers on, cause I had just done the washing and I didn't have any others. So I was doing deep squats, and when I got home I realised that the left side of the boxers had ripped in two, from bottom outside of the leg to the elastic. So in the interests of symmetry I ripped the otherside. The result was quite interesting-a kind of modern tarzan type thingy. very breezy and nice-one to wear around the house methinks.

(I'm sorry that Iwas in the gym, in my heart I have a beer belly, but I'm 21, teh wimmen don't like that sh!t, and I'm already in a drought. Forgive me!)

As one of our role models, Homer Simpson once said, "Gime? What's a gime?" Think about that (but not too hard). :)

Oh, a gime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So I was in the gym this evening
    :rolleyes:
    cause I had just done the washing
    :eek:
    Forgive me!

How?

I had to do the washing sean, I'm a student living away from home! *cries*

• Advertisement

Turn the clothes inside out. *dusts hands*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I tried wearing boxers once but by five o'clock I had a welt on my knee from the end of my tool slapping against it............... it all has to be carefully packaged up neatly I'm afraid........

Ritz.

I had to do the washing sean, I'm a student living away from home! *cries*

And? Why can't you be like every other student at the weekend and bring home a black sack full of washing for your mother to look after? In between her bringing you cups of tea and biscuits, of course. I don't know, they're just not making students like they used to. :rolleyes:

zaph wrote:
    And? Why can't you be like every other student at the weekend and bring home a black sack full of washing for your mother to look after? In between her bringing you cups of tea and biscuits, of course. I don't know, they're just not making students like they used to. :rolleyes:
    I have an essay on Ulysses due Monday, and I won't be home for another fortnight, so no. But when I do go home, there's going to be a lot of meals cooked for me....

I have an essay on Ulysses due Monday, and I won't be home for another fortnight, so no.

That sounds suspiciously like work, Brother brian. For shame...

But when I do go home, there's going to be a lot of meals cooked for me....

A good redeeming save there brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Degsy wrote:
    Well brethern..which is it?
    or do you have more,eh,*interesting* taste in kex...

only a gay man would be interested in what underwear you ware...
    i really don't think that that question is suitable for Beer Guts and Receding Hair.

Degsy what are you looking at me for, look at her! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

boxers ftw

Advertisement