Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good skake shop

Options
  • 28-03-2007 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

hey.

I am looking for the name of, and location to if possible, a good skate shop in Dublin where I could get a good pair of rollerblades. Preferable somewhere I'm not gonna get ripped of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

The BLVD-
    50 South William Street
    Dublin 2 (01) 7071677
    (back of Stephens Green shopping centre)

They have a good range from Leisure to Aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

wreckless skate shop, Gorey, Co. Wexford either.

i do aggressive, street, fitness and can get quad also

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

skate city temple bar dublin: 01 6799900
    or talk to the bladers at bushy n see where they get theirs
    or try skateboarding

www.boardercoeire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CBlader

wreckless wrote:
    wreckless skate shop, Gorey, Co. Wexford either.

i do aggressive, street, fitness and can get quad also

Wreckless Skate Shop is definately worth a look!

Dey have sum class USD's.

Or else SkateCity, Templebar.

But In my opinion, try Wreckless first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

has anyone ordered off www.skateamerica.com recently, i ordered off them before but shipped stuff to the states. Just wondering has anyone got stuff delivered to ireland, i heard you dont incur customs, a guy I know bought a complete set up two weeks ago with no customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Customs is a potential minefield with anything. Going UPS = almost certain, going snail mail = snowballschance of being 'caught'.

Yea, but I dont think theyd be one of the top mail order skate shops if all thier ruopean customers incurred customs

Customs is entirely unconnected to the shop - its down to the delivery firm, simple as. An Post are **** at enforcing the law, UPS are strict. Others vary.

Yea I know, but the store can mark the item for under 20 $ etc

Still doesn't mean you won't get caught, though...

Imported way too much stuff from the states to have not suffered the customs wrath a number of times. They'll often open large pacakges with low values. A full setup is gonna be a rather large package...

• Advertisement

Meh ship seperately

You'll pay more for shipping than the potential customs risk then...

Effectively, just accept that you MIGHT get caught. No shop can reliably prevent it.

Sorry again MYOB, as I said I odered stuff off skateamerica before but shipped stuff to the states. But I just noticed that when I go to checkout and put in Ireland etc the payment detals include "Customs Doc Fee: $9.50"
    Does this mean the cutoms is paid for, and there is no chance of incurring it upon arrival? Plus I would be using standard post.

Also does anyone know any reputable online skate shops that are in Europe? Past experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

how to they charge, like a percentage tax or mark it up to selling price in ireland?

21% of value, usually at door or invoice

No, that appears to be a fee for filling out the customs forms. As they are exceptionally boring to do and basically need human intervention (signature).

Often a courier firm will pay the customs - not sure if it is 21% VAT rate but it probably is - then charge you an extra fee for doing so on top of it.

The only online skate shop in Europe I can think of is... G1. Which you'd be far easier just going to ;)

Meh, yea but again I know a guy who ordered a week or two ago and didnt get charged customs and his was a box that was a lot bigger, plus Id say the chances of incurring customs when using standard post are slimmer again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

I was thinkng skate123.com.......any experience?

dont thin kthey ship to ireland, no option when registering to pick another country

Yeah, as I said, you're far less likely to get stung with An Post than with anyone else - they're laxy bollixes ;)

• Advertisement

https://www.skatewarehouse.com
    Has anyne use these guys, decided not to go with skateamerica as their international shipping is too expensive, with this site i added up black panther abec 7s, black magic grip tape and wheels for only 58 euro, not bad inc shipping too.

Not bad eh, anyone any experience

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

i've always used blackholeboards.com they are really cheap and shipping is only 40 euro for as many things as you want

thanks alot neilk32, how long does shipping usually take, have you ever incurred customs, thanks again

Did you use air mail, pretty reasonable, just again wondring how long it would take as you can UPS otherwise bu that means Id probly be more likely to pay customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

Try http://www.inlinewarehouse.com I've ordered from them before.

any information regarding your experience with customs? and how long for shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darkslider

It was a while back now. But I think shipping was about 7 -10 days. But I got them to ship USPS (United States Postal Service) so no import tax.

That seems to be the rule of thumb:Get it shipped fast with a private courier company and you'll have to pay the import tax.
    Go with the good ol' postal service and it should get through no hassle. it will just take a bit longer.

are they affiliated with skateboardwarehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Go with DHL for delivery if at all possible they have their own customs office but they only charge you vat which chances are will still end up cheaper as i have ordered many things online including very large expensive packages and large cheap packages. Chances are they will open it charge you possibly 40 to 50 euro vat and then send it on.

Theres also a new skate shop opening soon theyve had a webshop working for a while there working on a premises at the moment but they seem to be pretty good and there is absolutely no messing around with orders Etc.

Heres the link http://www.theboardroom.ie/catalog/index.php

what website have you used evolute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

ive used sites for other items not skate parts but ive always used DHL and even for stuff that u cant get in this country ive been charged very little vat

Although ive used this irish based site and they seem pretty cheap for skating gear http://www.theboardroom.ie/catalog/index.php

Advertisement